OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy

This is a discussion on OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, given the political climate I have rejoined the NRA...for now. Everybody happy? Let me explain...most know of my feelings toward Mr LaPierre and the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: OK, I re joined the NRA...Everybody Happy

OK, given the political climate I have rejoined the NRA...for now. Everybody happy?

Let me explain...most know of my feelings toward Mr LaPierre and the organization in general. But I figure that numbers at this point mean a bit more than my grievencances toward them.

BTW: I have never gotten a hat from them which you suppose to get when you first join. Still bugs me
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Drank the koolaid ay.......btw, still waiting on my hat, maybe they don't ship to Texas?
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

My bag should be here any day. It is just like elections, might not like em completely, but they are better than the other option. I have not been offended by the NRA and LOVE that rifleman magazine. I need to go check the mailbox!!!
    surefire7 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    OK, given the political climate I have rejoined the NRA...for now. Everybody happy?

Let me explain...most know of my feelings toward Mr LaPierre and the organization in general. But I figure that numbers at this point mean a bit more than my grievencances toward them.

BTW: I have never gotten a hat from them which you suppose to get when you first join. Still bugs me
    Yes. I believe its a good move. As you say its about the numbers
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

Good for you! One of the reasons that I pay my membership yearly (and not a life member) is that I want the NRA to be beholding to individual members on an ongoing basis. By the way, I have several hats if you want one of them.
    Doghandler likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by 68blackbird View Post
    Drank the koolaid ay.......btw, still waiting on my hat, maybe they don't ship to Texas?
    Really bad metaphor...most died from it....try a Titanic metaphor next time LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Still waiting on my jacket (3+ years) for a life membership. I must say that I'm a bit tired of all of the requests for more money.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Make sure you put yourself on the list for extra junk mail too - digital and first class.

I am a lifetime member, so I think you made a solid decision. I am on their "do not mail" list too, so I am teasing about that.

I just joined as well so if I indeed get one, I do not wear hats and I will send it to you if you want?
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Still waiting on my jacket (3+ years) for a life membership. I must say that I'm a bit tired of all of the requests for more money.
    I too got tired of all the requests for money. But what bothered me more was all the "defense DVDs," insurance policies, etc. they try to promote. About 6 months ago I sent an email to the NRA requesting that I be removed from all promotional mailing/emailing activities. I received a nice note back saying they would honor my request and I've received nothing but news and updates since that time. So, I believe if you make a similar request (couple with a "where's my jacket?") it will be honored.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

VIP Member
    Like all organizations, the NRA needs money to keep going. Every organization I belong to begs for money. That's what garbage cans are for.
    surefire7 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

MJK
    Thank you, Suntzu! PM me your address and I'll send you an NRA hat that I acquired at the StL convention earlier this year!!!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."--Edmund Burke, 1770

Strength in numbers, and the NRA is the largest single gun rights association. We do not have to agree on the details, but our end goal is the same: protection of our rights.
    Jeanlouise and surefire7 like this.

VIP Member

I totally agree with you. Normally I have mixed feelings about the NRA; sometimes I flat out hate the things they do. Right now though, I think that their 'greater good' is far more important than my personal feelings.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

They never gave me my hat either and that was over twenty years ago. With interest, if I rejoin they better give me a jacket!
    ETA: I did round up with midwayusa when I ordered my magazines but I will not join again until they agree to not harrass me.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links