Selling on Gun Broker dot com

This is a discussion on Selling on Gun Broker dot com within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good eve my peeps. I've always wanted to say I have peeps. I digress. I've used eBay and Craigslist in the past many times to ...

Thread: Selling on Gun Broker dot com

Good eve my peeps.
    I've always wanted to say I have peeps.
    I digress.

I've used eBay and Craigslist in the past many times to buy/sell items. I've tried selling some PMAGs as of late, and both times my auction was yanked from both sites, so I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and use GB.com.
    I have never used it, but do have an active account. So, a few questions for those of you who have sold items on it:
    1. PayPal-- I don't want to get smacked by PayPal, so I'm assuming using it to sell some 30 rd PMAGS is a no-no.
    2. Credit Card-- I noticed a lot of people accept credit cards. Do I need to set up something with MC/Visa/Amex/etc... to do this? Or, does GB charge them and then credit me?
    3. Payments-- as a follow on question, on eBay I always sell with PayPal which credits my account. If I sell to someone using a credit card, does my credit card on file with GB get payment? Do I need to set up a bank account? Do I get charged a fee from Visa/MC? Argh!!!
    4. If I accept personal check, I'm assuming it's kosher for me to wait for the check to clear before I send the items. If not, I ain't a gonna allow that method.

Thanks for any help!

No one has any experience with them?

You can list something on GB and specify they must pay with paypal. After the auction is over, you can send them an invoice to pay. I mentioned in my last auction that I requested paypal-only in the two prior auctions, but that the winner wasn't already set up with a working PP account and ended up having to send me a bank check and wait some days for it to clear. An item someone is selling may not be legal in certain states, cities or counties or may have to be sent to an FFL or an adult.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Ive had good luck selling on GB. I make sure I am clear what I expect and How I want payment. If you want to use PayPal call them first and make sure you aren't breaking any user agreements. I won't use them myself. DR

Thanks. Anyone take credit cards?

I have never sold anything on GB but have bought quite a few things. Most recently I bought an AK47 and the vendor did take credit cards. Not sure how it works, but I know for a fact there are some vendors set up to take credit cards...

VIP Member
    As far as I know, and please if anyone knows different correct me, Gunbroker merely collects a percentage of the sale price they do not collect the money and pay you regardless of the type of payment.

Paypal is anti gun and if you mention or they find out that you have sold a gun or gun related item they will hold your money. I have used PP on gunbroker and other places in the past but you do not list what the payment is for and most folks will accept the gift option where no or a reduced fee is charged.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...ptableUse_full

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
    relate to transactions involving...ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories

Re: Selling on Gun Broker dot com

Aside from PayPal being anti gun.. aren't there also a bunch of problems with PayPal?

Like if you sell something, can't the buyer then say there's a problem with the item, and withdraw their payment?

And as a result of that, if you have PayPal linked to your bank account, then PayPal can freeze that account??

I'm asking here, I do t have a PayPal account because of nightmare stories like this.. so if you can clarify these things for me, i'd appreciate it..

Sorry to thread jack...but I've wanted to know from experienced PayPal users..thank you :)

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Good eve my peeps.
    I've always wanted to say I have peeps.
    I digress.

I've used eBay and Craigslist in the past many times to buy/sell items. I've tried selling some PMAGs as of late, and both times my auction was yanked from both sites, so I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and use GB.com.
    I have never used it, but do have an active account. So, a few questions for those of you who have sold items on it:
    1. PayPal-- I don't want to get smacked by PayPal, so I'm assuming using it to sell some 30 rd PMAGS is a no-no.
    2. Credit Card-- I noticed a lot of people accept credit cards. Do I need to set up something with MC/Visa/Amex/etc... to do this? Or, does GB charge them and then credit me?
    3. Payments-- as a follow on question, on eBay I always sell with PayPal which credits my account. If I sell to someone using a credit card, does my credit card on file with GB get payment? Do I need to set up a bank account? Do I get charged a fee from Visa/MC? Argh!!!
    4. If I accept personal check, I'm assuming it's kosher for me to wait for the check to clear before I send the items. If not, I ain't a gonna allow that method.

Thanks for any help!

I just sell things on ebay not gun related, when my balance is available on my Paypal account I simply transfer the funds to my bank account. Ebay and CL are both very liberal/anti-gun. I have heard that Facebook now is pulling Pro-Gun accounts. Glad I don't use FB!! But you should be good on Gunbroker or GunsAmerica.com

Try Back page....
    Free classifieds - backpage.com
    It's like Craigslist but for normal people. You need to sell your firearms related items in the sports equipment section....
    No fees, no hassles, and plenty of viewers...
    Every time I have something gun related to sell, that's where I go.... I've always had a response.YMMV of course :)

Ex Member
    Take money orders only. I run 6-8 adds on there all the time. Everyone is cool. Do NOT take personal checks. You WILL---WILL---WILL get hosed. I had a guy bounce a $14 check on me. Never again

Thanks everyone. I think I'll do the Money Orders thing. See no reason to get into it with someone who sends me a check that puts my eye out bouncing off the ground.
    Hadn't thought about Backpages-- will give em try.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Selling on Gun Broker dot com

I will never, ever sell anything using PayPal again. I had a horrible buyer protection claim against me. Eventually I documented in detail how the guy was totally in the wrong and he dropped the claim when I said, "let's ask PayPal/eBay to adjudicate the claim." It was really stressful, though. I think he was attempting to extort a $200 discount from me on a $600 laptop.

Sponsored Links