Letter from Chinese Laborer Pleading for Help Found in Halloween Decorations

This is a discussion on Letter from Chinese Laborer Pleading for Help Found in Halloween Decorations within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is sad to read. We all know this has been happening in China for decades. Why won't the goverments of the world stop these ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Madcap_Magician
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Letter from Chinese Laborer Pleading for Help Found in Halloween Decorations

VIP Member

This is sad to read.
    We all know this has been happening in China for decades.
    Why won't the goverments of the world stop these abuses?
    Are they trying to blow this off, as this is to slowly become the norm around the world?
    I hope not

From article;

The letter reads: "Sir, if you occasionally buy this product, please kindly resend this letter to the World Human Right Organization. Thousands people here who are under the persecution of the Chinese Communist Party Government will thank and remember you forever."
    The letter describes the conditions at the factory: "People who work here have to work 15 hours a day without Saturday, Sunday break and any holidays. Otherwise, they will suffer torturement, beat and rude remark. Nearly no payment (10 yuan/1 month)." That translates to about $1.61 a month

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/le...202400773.html
    Last edited by oneshot; December 31st, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: ADD LINK
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The governments of the world will not stop things like this because they either do or support the same things, or they are reserving the right to do so whenever they want.

The overwhelming majority of governments in the world are some variation of despotism or kleptocracy- which also explains why the UN is the way it is.
    oneshot and Jeanlouise like this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    1. This reeks of internet myth.
    2. It is not my country's responsibility to fix the wrongs of this world. Let the Chinese overthrow their own oppressors. We did once, and may be forced to again one day.
    msgt/ret, archer51 and aus71383 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I have a friend who sets up factory's for a living. His view of the Chinese is that they are where we as a country were before WWI. Their wages, Working conditions, and even the way they think about labor are about the same. The average household in china wants to live the American dream. A house, a lawn, two cars in the garage, that their kids grow up just a little better off than they as parents had it. And Yes We used prisoner labor in this country too! They are just not that different. DR

Years ago during the Industrial Revolution of our Country we used Child Labor,instead of going to school small children worked in factories where serious injuries and death occurred frequently...Only through Public outrage and regulations did that practice change and today we have child labor laws.
    Down here by the Border there have been some labor disputes in the news that I'm Pretty Sure are Illegals being hired to work in Restaurants that work long hours and end up getting no pay or less than they were told they would make with some claiming they got around $1.25 HR.
    Think this can't happen to us,if they disarm the populace and they can no longer keep going on paying wages/benefits that they do now,the NWO could turn us into forced labor,that is why the Second Amendment is so important it allows us to maintain certain God given rights
    oneshot likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    1. This reeks of internet myth.
    2. It is not my country's responsibility to fix the wrongs of this world. Let the Chinese overthrow their own oppressors. We did once, and may be forced to again one day.
    ^I added the respective link, to give readers a better perspective.
    http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/le...202400773.html
    I don't think this kind of stuff can be made up.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    The Chinese people live miserable lives (except for the government officials and their families). I feel very sorry for them.
    Realistically, I don't know what we can do to change it. I just thank God every day that I was born in America.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

But now they own half this country and hold the mortgage to the other half. Chinese people should be feeling sorry for us.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Sponsored Links