Fight for OLD DC!!!!!

This is a discussion on Fight for OLD DC!!!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise Oh, ok. HATER! OUCH, I resemble that remark. BTW - Congrats. I wonder how they will do against Seattle next week....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Fight for OLD DC!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Oh, ok. HATER!
    OUCH, I resemble that remark.

BTW - Congrats. I wonder how they will do against Seattle next week.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What a game RG III for president!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I was born in D.C. and grew up in NOVA so I got it

VIP Member
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    What a game RG III for president!
    LOL... I'm usually first on the bandwagon to throw pie at the deadskins, but the more interviews I see with RGIII outside of the game, the more games I want to watch just to support the guy. He seems like he's reasonably intelligent which means in DC he's outnumbered and surrounded.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    He grew up in a military family, doesn't speak in eubonics, was a honors student and is an all around decent guy. So yeah, he's surrounded and outnumbered!
    I really like the guy and wish there were more of him in professional sports.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post

^^Now you're just gloating.^^^^^^^^^
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

RGIII as a Freshman in the NFL, no less. Very impressive.
    Jeanlouise and BugDude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    RGIII as a Freshman in the NFL, no less. Very impressive.
    and voted as team captain as a rookie.
    Rock and Glock and BugDude like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    and voted as team captain as a rookie.
    he's the starting quarterback, it comes with the territory

Not really, even as a QB.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I pull for 2 teams in the NFL. The Redskins and whoever is playing dallas.

I've been pulling for the Redskins since before I even knew what football was. The last couple decades I haven't had a lot to cheer about, so it always came down to the two dallas games each year (which they historically split each year). It did my heart good to see the Skins beat them on Thanksgiving Day, and it put my soul right with the world when they beat them again to knock them out of the playoffs. If they accomplish nothing else this season from here out, I'm happier than a hog in mud. Anything else from here is just icing on the cake for me.

RGIII is a humble leader...hope he keeps his perspective as he gains experience. The running game sure kept some of the pressure off of him.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Not really, even as a QB.
    Almost all starting qb's are captains. Andrew Luck is also a captain as a rookie, because he was definitely going to be the starter before the regular season started, as was RG3.

Russell Wilson had to fight for his job during the preseason, so he wasn't voted captain.

Used to like you BugDude. You too JeanLouise! I am a die hard Cowboy fan. I freely admit that our QB and head coach are horrible. It is a cultural thing, and one that Jerry Jones has created. I could not believe they let the player on the sidelines days after killing another teammate (DUI/Manslaughter). More of the same

I really like RGIII, redskin or not. Standup guy and in the No Fun League that is a refreshing change.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Almost all starting qb's are captains. Andrew Luck is also a captain as a rookie, because he was definitely going to be the starter before the regular season started, as was RG3.

Russell Wilson had to fight for his job during the preseason, so he wasn't voted captain.
    theres a difference in coaches selecting a captain, and players voting for it, and Luck was made captain ~3weeks after RG3 was. Yes, most starting QB are captains, but not many rookies jump into NFL as a starter at QB. This year is out of the normal for QB, with those 3.
    Last edited by mulle46; January 1st, 2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links