It appears the Senate Rebuplicans caved on the fiscal cliff and what it means for 2A

This is a discussion on It appears the Senate Rebuplicans caved on the fiscal cliff and what it means for 2A within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Deficit 'fiscal cliff' bill actually spends $330 billion more - Washington Times Senate easily approves Biden-McConnell 'fiscal cliff' agreement early Tuesday - The Hill Boehner's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: It appears the Senate Rebuplicans caved on the fiscal cliff and what it means for 2A

VIP Member

It appears the Senate Rebuplicans caved on the fiscal cliff and what it means for 2A

Deficit 'fiscal cliff' bill actually spends $330 billion more - Washington Times
    Senate easily approves Biden-McConnell 'fiscal cliff' agreement early Tuesday - The Hill
    Boehner's 100 loyal soldiers might give him political cover on 'fiscal cliff' - The Hill
    It's up to the House: fiscal cliff faces Republican-controlled territory - CNN.com

The House appears to be wavering.

These are the people you think will stand for 2A rights in the wake of Sandy Hook? They won't even stand for core spending and tax principles, if they have any left.

In the wise words of the character Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park: "Hold onto your butts."
    Ksgunner likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    This won't last long.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    IBTL!!!
    aus71383 likes this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Hmm. I guess it is political. Sorry bout that mods. My point is we are complacent in the 2A protections, but it doesn't look good.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Hmm. I guess it is political. Sorry bout that mods. My point is we are complacent in the 2A protections, but it doesn't look good.
    I'm not feeling at all complacent about the Second Amendment.
    aus71383 likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Doesn't it still have to go to the house next I believe it does from what I have read. I have read the house is not happy with it and will possibly send it back
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Im sure their paycheck is not in jeapardy, Im beibg furlowed. Sucks to be Govt employee at the bottom of the hill.
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 1st, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    Hopyard likes this.

I can understand the Republicans problem, its a catch 22 for them. No one wants their taxes to go up, even other Republicans in the voting population. If they dont cave in, they get the blame for higher taxes, if they do it makes them look like they dont represent their party ideas.

I think regarding the 2nd Amed it will be a totally different situation.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The 2A issue has nothing to do with preventing everyone's paycheck being smaller next week, or folks on extended unemployment not getting a check next week, or tax refunds being delayed by several months... while compromising on the FC issues has everything to do with preventing these things. They did what they did to avoid harder times for the millions who are already having a hard time.
    Hopyard likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

We have until 2014 and if the DemocRATs take back the house then you can pack them up and send them in!

They need both the house and senate to pass the law last time I checked the constitution.
    pittypat21 and Jeanlouise like this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    They have not passed a budget in the last 3 why should they change now??
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Administrator
    Keep it 2A related...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I can understand the Republicans problem, its a catch 22 for them. No one wants their taxes to go up, even other Republicans in the voting population. If they dont cave in, they get the blame for higher taxes, if they do it makes them look like they dont represent their party ideas.

I think regarding the 2nd Amed it will be a totally different situation.
    I totally agree, the Republicans are between a rock and a hard place concerning the fiscal cliff they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I would be shocked to see very many Republicans vote for gun control. That's political suicide.
    Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) is walking on very thin ice in our state for saying that "everything is on the table". Hello Joe! This is WEST VIRGINIA, just in case you missed it.
    Ghost1958, atctimmy and tdw63 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    If they do try to sneak an AWB through as an amendment let’s hope we can send even more home than was done in 1996.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links