New Years Day ATTACK! - Page 3

New Years Day ATTACK!

This is a discussion on New Years Day ATTACK! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by tcox4freedom I really am so sorry for you. I'm glad you're ok. But, am I a bad person for laughing so hard ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: New Years Day ATTACK!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I really am so sorry for you. I'm glad you're ok.

But, am I a bad person for laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face?
    I wanted to also recommend that you contact your local wildlife department JIC you were dealing with a rabid skunk. I think they might like to have a record of it.

I know we're laughing. But, dangerous encounters with rabid skunks are more common than we realize. (I really am glad you're ok.)

-

I think I can smell it from here - can't believe you brought it in the house!

Austin

Sure everybody knows about Seal Team 6 and the Bin Laden Raid,but there are actions that the Amwerican OPeople will never catch WIND of like the day Skunk Team 1 deployed into what would become an ambush shituation
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good story telling!!!

I used to have a pretty calm skunk that ate my chicken food. I had roosters loose outside the coop and it was in the food outside the pen, no issues. We had a no-shots fired "agreement" until it got a taste for eggs. It figured out how to slip through the fence wires sideways, little mink!
    They stink for about a month after they're dead. I kinda got used to it after a while. They're quite valuable actually, that is the smell of money. Skunk essence is quite a lucitive business.
    Plus, if you don't wanna actually HARM someone you're mad at....lol

But they say skunks are one of the few animals that can carry rabies, passing it on to others for a long time before succumbing to it. Good thing you took that one out.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Oh wow. I needed that. I think my face laughing muscles are stuck.
    I've had a few skunk issues of my own. Good Luck. The last one I popped in the back yard had just done a 360* spray-athon in the yard after the neighbors dogs had attacked it and only succeeded in wounding it. I smelled that one for about 3 weeks and I shot it from a good 20 yards away with a suppressed .22.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I used to work with skunks in a wild animal program. One thing I learned is that tomato juice doesn't work...and you will stop smelling the odor soon enough, but those around you will smell it for a long while...the only thing that really gets rid of skunk oil odor is TIME! Good luck.

VIP Member
    Very funny story.

I would not have willingly gone up against the skunk. A tactical retreat may have been in order followed by recon and sniper action. You were definitely behind the curve lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links