slipped on ice...day ruined

This is a discussion on slipped on ice...day ruined within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Get well friend. So did you...um..ice your wrist? You Know, to help with the swelling....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: slipped on ice...day ruined

VIP Member
    Get well friend.

So did you...um..ice your wrist? You Know, to help with the swelling.
    Hopyard and aus71383 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    no way...miniscule torque to my right wrist and I wimper...there's no way I could rack a slide.
    Rack it with your shoe, your belt, whatever... there are ways... and it's good practice.

Man I feel for ya... keep your chin up and I'll add you to my prayer list, kay?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Looks fine from here....rub some ice on it, and get back in there!

But seriously - I wish you a speedy recovery. You might need to see about getting one of those butt wiping sticks from SNL.....

Austin

Thanks everyone!

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Looks like it should heal pretty quickly - I hope it does.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Last time I fell on ice, made a pilanodol(sp) cyst known. Lots of fun there. ;). Total of 40 sick days that year. 10 when it was drained, 30 when removed. Spent on my stomach in bed.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I broke my wrist 2 years ago so I feel for you fortunately it was my right wrist and I am left handed so I was still able to function in limited capacity. Hope it is better soon.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I hope you heal fast. At least it isn't a surgical wrist but the fracture does go into the joint. You will be fine. Immobilize it for a few weeks then get it moving.
    At one with the gun.

Welcome to the club!

Mach3.jpg

I (obviously) required surgery, but I was functional in a few months and fully healed in a year. These days I doesn't bother me at all, and I get a chuckle knowing I have a Mach-5 Razor embedded in my arm

Had a separated shoulder joint for a few weeks, and that forced me into one handedness. I did NOT have fun. I can empathize with you, heal quickly.

BTW, I have this crummy er. lovely Model 10 revolver that I could swap for like maybe your 9mm or .45 semi auto. Just trying to help you understand. It's my nature to be helpful. I'd even send a few rounds of JHP with it.

Brutal dude. The hand and more specifically wrist are a PITA. I broke mine twice in 3 months being a dumb kid. The worst part, I thought was the pain from atrophy afterwards. Get a coat hanger for scratching and a plastic bag and rubber band for showering. Baby that thing, ain't worth making it worse to be a tough guy. Heal fast!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links