This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday - Page 2

This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday

This is a discussion on This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did anyone really think all this healthcare was coming out of everyone else's pocket?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Did anyone really think all this healthcare was coming out of everyone else's pocket?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The true cost is the degradation in the quality of healthcare. My wife is a senior exec at a large health system and believe me, the only way ACA can even remotely cover the "uninsured" is to cut back on the the care previously provided to insured individuals. On its face it cannot work. The act adds 30,000,000 new "insured" individuals. It does not add a single doctor, nurse, hospital, medication, etc. It does cut back on Medicare and reduces reimbursement rates to health care providers. The end result? A system flooded with more users without any increase in available service. Health care providers receive less payment for services they provide. Yeah sure, this is going to work...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    The typical expectation by the government of getting more for less.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    The true cost is the degradation in the quality of healthcare. My wife is a senior exec at a large health system and believe me, the only way ACA can even remotely cover the "uninsured" is to cut back on the the care previously provided to insured individuals. On its face it cannot work. The act adds 30,000,000 new "insured" individuals. It does not add a single doctor, nurse, hospital, medication, etc. It does cut back on Medicare and reduces reimbursement rates to health care providers. The end result? A system flooded with more users without any increase in available service. Health care providers receive less payment for services they provide. Yeah sure, this is going to work...
    I hope people who think it's "free" or even "low cost" understand this. All you have to do is spend a few days in a hospital and see how overworked and understaffed everyone who works there is.

Add millions of more patients, some of who go to the doctor or ER for social purposes, and you can see how it will collapse without some major rationing of care.

Little side story to illustrate my point. My daughter is an Ultrasound Technologist at a large hospital in VA. On New Year's Eve the ER saw over 100 patients! Very few were actual emergencies. There was an 8 hour wait to be seen. One of the "patients" was on her 264th visit to the ER since 2004. Now, think how many times you've been to the ER since 2004 and you'll see how absurd this is and what an abuse of the system it is. Problem...there's NO WAY to stop her. She HAS to be seen. Oh, btw, we're paying for her on Medicade.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I have to compare our new "socialized" healthcare with the military healthcare: great if you've got a cold or flu, or bleeding or bones sticking out and can wait two weeks for an appointment; but for something that takes time and diagnosis, good luck with that. If the military had bothered to spend the money to perform an MRI instead of repeatedly telling me I had "lower back strain" they would have found the herniated disc.

Our health care is not going to bet "better," only accessible to more--if they can get an appointment.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

I have never been to the ER for myself. This woman goes 2.4 times a month...........
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    I have never been to the ER for myself. This woman goes 2.4 times a month...........
    75 people accounted for the bulk of visits to the University of Cincinnati ED last year at a a cost to the system of tens of millions. The Obamacare theory is that these folks will have insurance and therefore will go to their primary care doctor and not the ED. It ignores the reality of their behavior, they will still go to the ED whenever they want. Many are homeless, do you think a homeless person is going to go out and purchase health insurance, even if subsidized?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Many are homeless, do you think a homeless person is going to go out and purchase health insurance, even if subsidized?
    Probably not, but if......, like many other entitlements, health insurance is provided, they're likely to sign up for it.... just because they can.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

VIP Member
    Not only the homeless, but UNdocumented workers and their families. They aren't going to sign up for anything because technically, they don't qualify. However, the bulk of the ER visits are by people on Medicade who are looking for drugs and/or attention. They love the social aspect of it and why not go, it's FREE!

We used to have a "frequent flyer" who would get a ride to see her boyfriend in another town close by. Then she would call an ambulance to take her "home". She came to our hospital for some made up reason, then be discharged and walk home.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typo
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I have heard of some small businesses wanting to do this - it is their way of protesting the Health Care Act by showing people the extra costs they are having to pay. It looks like it is starting to work.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    We are going to be nickeled and dimed to death over "Affordable Health Care", wait and see. Looks like it's already beginning no matter who specifically is doing it. It may be companies passing along the increases to their customers or the feds doing it directly, either way, we all pay...even those of us who have health insurance and have paid for it all our lives.

I'm just guessing here but it wouldn't surprise me if before long anything considered a hazard to your health, be it a gun or french fries, will have a "healthcare" tax slapped on it.
    Aren't you in the medical field? How do you feel about all this?

I was listening to talk radio a few weeks ago I believe the week before Christmas. There is a homeless shelter being built somewhere in Florida but the catch for the homeless is that they have to enroll in one of 3 programs to get off drugs/alcohol, get a GED or some form of furthering education or get a job. The head of the United Way is furious about this because he obviously can't get money for the United Way through donations if we stop the homeless issue in America. Just sick. I won't donate anything but my time to stuff like Habitat for Humanity.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Hmmmm T.E.A. party anyone.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Aren't you in the medical field? How do you feel about all this?
    I think it's going to destroy the country economically and ruin medical care. We're going to be just like any other European country and no good is going to come of any of it. It's already running way over projected costs and it hasn't really kicked in yet.
    ctr and DMan like this.

Maybe Bill Ruger got his SS 10/22 classified to deliver enemas..........

Sorry folks..........

We all probably have one a comin'
    Jeanlouise likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links