This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday

This is a discussion on This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was posted on my FB page...not my receipt. Check out the new "medical tax" we're all being charged starting on Jan 1st. here it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: This is why your guns and ammo are going to cost more , starting yesterday

VIP Member

This was posted on my FB page...not my receipt. Check out the new "medical tax" we're all being charged starting on Jan 1st.here it comes.jpg
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Taxation WITH representation ain't so hot, either.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I wonder if that is how the companies will be passing along Obama Care expenses, which we all knew was gonna happen. How Washington thinks a business will just give up profits is beyond me. They KNOW the costs get passed along, but you never hear that questioned by the media.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This was posted on my FB page...not my receipt. Check out the new "medical tax" we're all being charged starting on Jan 1st.here it comes.jpg
    This isn't a tax directly on your items, though it's being posted on the receipt that way. This is extra money they retailer is having to shell out, passing the cost on to you, and they're showing you on the receipt exactly why you're paying more and by how much.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Nice they show where the money is going, but it still sucks.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Taxation WITH representation ain't so hot, either.
    Who has representation?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Our representatives represent themselves, not the people who voted for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Our representatives represent themselves, not the people who voted for them.
    Very true.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    It's the medical device excise tax of 2.8% the business pays on all medical device sales. Gotta pay for Obamacare somehow. What I do not get is why you were charged for a non medical device?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Uh, I'd really like to see the statute that has classified guns, accessories and ammo as medical devices. I'm not a fan of obamacare, but I don't think this receipt is accurate at all. If it were, the NRA and drudge would be having a field day with it already.

VIP Member
    I'm not sure what the receipt is for; as I said, it's not mine. However, it's obvious that there are more taxes being added to something to pay for all that free care. We all know that this is just the beginning...it never gets better.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Just checked, the receipt is from Cabelas.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: took an L out of Cabelas.

From a friends post on another forum....

The new Medical Excise Tax only took effect as of 01/01/2013. Since the date on the receipt has convienently been cropped out of the picture it makes it impossible to tell when it is from.

The new tax imposes an excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices by the manufacturer or importer of the device. Unless Cabela's started selling these medical devices these new taxes have absolutely nothing to do with anything they sell in the store.
    As far as the first line that is listed as general sales and use there is no new tax labeled as a general sales and use tax that has been passed into law as part of Obamacare.
    In 2013 there are 11 new taxes that will become law. All of them with the exception of one has to do with heath care and penalties for not complying.

In short either the receipt is a fake or been photoshopped.

Cabela's has more than one "tax issue"...

KING 5 story prompts changes in tax policy at Cabela's | KING5.com Seattle
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Quote Originally Posted by tet4 View Post
    Uh, I'd really like to see the statute that has classified guns, accessories and ammo as medical devices. I'm not a fan of obamacare, but I don't think this receipt is accurate at all. If it were, the NRA and drudge would be having a field day with it already.
    It's not about medical devices, it's about business owners having to pay more for medical insurance for employees, I believe.

Preliminary data from another study of employers that have 10 to more than 500 employees, the 2012 National Survey of Employer-Sponsored Health Plans, predicts that the average per-employee cost of health coverage will rise about 6.5 percent in 2013 and that 58 percent of employers surveyed plan to shift costs to their employees to reduce the increase, says George Lane, principal at Mercer, the human resource consulting company that conducts the annual survey.
    What Obamacare Means for Small Employers in 2013 - Businessweek

EDIT: I see there's a separate tax law for medical devices. My post may be irrelevant.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    We are going to be nickeled and dimed to death over "Affordable Health Care", wait and see. Looks like it's already beginning no matter who specifically is doing it. It may be companies passing along the increases to their customers or the feds doing it directly, either way, we all pay...even those of us who have health insurance and have paid for it all our lives.

I'm just guessing here but it wouldn't surprise me if before long anything considered a hazard to your health, be it a gun or french fries, will have a "healthcare" tax slapped on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links