Photographer killed in pursuit of photo of Justin Bieber's car

This is a discussion on Photographer killed in pursuit of photo of Justin Bieber's car within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Paparazzo killed after taking shots of Bieber car - Yahoo! News A paparazzo was struck and killed by a car while darting across a street ...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By jryan630
  • 2 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By QKShooter
  • 4 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By Cold Shot

Thread: Photographer killed in pursuit of photo of Justin Bieber's car

Paparazzo killed after taking shots of Bieber car - Yahoo! News

A paparazzo was struck and killed by a car while darting across a street after taking pictures of Justin Bieber's Ferrari when it was pulled over along a freeway in Los Angeles, police said Wednesday.

Bieber was not in the car at the time. The singer later said his prayers were with the family of the 29-year-old photographer who was pronounced dead at a hospital shortly after the accident late Tuesday afternoon.

His name was withheld by police pending notification of relatives.

"Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves," Bieber said in the statement released by Island Def Jam Music Group.
    So let me get this straight. Photographer was chasing down Bieber's car as it sped, stopped on a freeway where pedestrians are generally not allowed, crossed the freeway to get pictures, was told by the officer to return to his vehicle for his safety, chose not to do so, got his pictures, and was struck whilst crossing the road again. Right.

There are already laws to protect against such tragedies. Like the ones against jaywalking. And the ones that say highway shoulders are for emergency stopping only. Unfortunately, the most effective way to legislate against such tragedies has so far proven difficult to pass: banning stupidity.

From the comments:

when is this jerk going home,a poor photohrapher wasted his lif for him.! I think he should be called an accessory to the incident,for speeding 80 mph, go home bieber
    While I absolutely despise Justin Bieber, I fail to see his culpability in the matter.

A. He wasn't in the car.
    B. He didn't force the photographer to stop.
    C. He didn't force the photographer to cross the highway.
    D. He didn't strike the photographer blind whilst crossing the highway.
    E. He didn't cause the poor woman to hit the photographer.

The only way I can see Bieber being charged in this matter is if science finally proves that stupidity is infectious, and charges Bieber for spreading the disease knowingly.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

We should ban Justin Bieber.
    jryan630, Burns and goldmaster like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I think we need to ban Bieber and make it illegal for pedestrians to walk on the expressways
    JoJoGunn and Ksgunner like this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Those folks get no sympathies from me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Sorry, I have not sympathy for the paparazzi. IMO they are lower than the idiots they chase after. As for Bieber, does anyone really care about what he does, who he sees and what he thinks?
    OldVet and Spirit51 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    You guys are obviously jealous that 1 million 13 year old girls aren't going crazy over you. Hrump.

Too bad about the photographer but running out into traffic for any reason has always been risky.

That said, I'm sure someone will be sued for something.
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    You guys are obviously jealous that 1 million 13 year old girls aren't going crazy over you. Hrump.

Too bad about the photographer but running out into traffic for any reason has always been risky.

That said, I'm sure someone will be sued for something.
    While I don't care for his music, if I could get paid millions to sing bad pop music while dressing like a modern version of the village people I would do so gladly!

I say we ban paparazzi, then there won't be any more stupid photos of some celebrity most of us don't care about driving a car we could never afford! I bet the photographer is in purgatory waiting to find out where he's going, and he's thinking, " That little ba**ard wasn't even in the car, I've got to be the dumbest paparazzi on the planet!"
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Administrator
    Justin Bieber. The little girls adore him. I think that he is kinda wimpy. Let the young girls have their heartthrob.
    Spirit51 and Rock and Glock like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Actually I should have mentioned it in my first post. I am not without sympathy. I have the deepest sympathy for the woman who hit him. It is something she will have to live with the rest of her life.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

JL said it well: Hrump.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually I should have mentioned it in my first post. I am not without sympathy. I have the deepest sympathy for the woman who hit him. It is something she will have to live with the rest of her life.
    Agreed. She and the two kids are going to have to live with the consequences of one man's stupid decision in the quest for a picture.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Administrator
    The assault camera being used is capable of shooting hundreds of shots within a matter of seconds. If only he had to stay in his vehicle to reload a Polaroid cartridge, the police could have stopped him and tragedy been adverted.
    If you fear and violence mongering camera owners won't give up your high capacity cameras for the greater good, do it for Justin! He has the right to drive and walk the streets without fear!
    Keech, kapnketel and JoJoGunn like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well people obviously care what Bieber is doing.

But, seriously, who grows up to be paparazzi? The photographer's job was to track down and take pictures of an 18 yo dude. That has got to be one of the lamest ways to die, and quite possibly worthy of a Darwin award.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Ban Lambos, they cause Paparazzi to be killed. They are obviously wicked, even if unmanned.

Is Vanilla Ice pulling a Benjamin Button on us? I second banning stupidity. But then the legal system would be waaaaay backed up.

Sponsored Links