"Dope" *homer voice*

This is a discussion on "Dope" *homer voice* within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DandLfam Gah, dang wikipedia got me this time. Good call Vet I'm always right. Even when I'm wrong, I'm still righter than ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "Dope" *homer voice*

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    Gah, dang wikipedia got me this time. Good call Vet
    I'm always right. Even when I'm wrong, I'm still righter than the rest.

(That one's gonna hurt! ;-)
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I talk to outload and say "stupid" or " hey dummy"
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    When you're in polite company you say,"doh", otherwise, "dope" is considered proper.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Me too.
    Now, go write a senator or congressman..
    12/17/2012
    Mr. Wachtmann, I am e-mailing you my personal opinion on our president's speech/memorial service comments last night (12/16). I feel strongly that it was more of a speech as opposed to a memorial service for those who lost their lives but that is neither is here nor there.

I personally do not feel banning "assault weapons" (guns that appear more deadly) will stop the crimes committed. Just because a gun looks a certain way does not make it more deadly, it's the person using the firearm.

Banning assault weapons will not stop the bad guys from committing crimes; it will however make the citizens, the good law-abiding ones less protected. It will only encourage our bad guys to find more ways of human destruction. Just because an item, or drug, or gun, or whatever it may be is illegal, does not stop the use or sale or murder. It detours ONLY the law-abiding ones but does not detour our criminals in this society.

Being a society that is more informed, more trained with weapons, less restricted in certain establishments; those are the things we need, not more restrictions. Having “gun-free” zones only tell the bad guys, “Hey, the citizens of this establishment don’t have guns”. Michigan just passed a GREAT law, allowing CCW/CPL holders with extended training to carry in the “gun-free” zones.

Mr. Lynn Wachtmann, I ask that you stand up for what our Founding Father’s built this country upon. I encourage you to fight for gun rights, less control on citizens who have extensive training and are certified, like myself, and more checks on those buying firearms. Make it harder to obtain, do not completely ban.

"An armed society is a polite society" – Robert Heinlein

Thank you.

Derrick J. Beck

Response on 1/3/2013
    Derrick,

Thank you for your email. I always enjoy hearing from my constituents and I truly appreciate the time you have taken to express your views and bring them to my attention.

As you may know, I have always been a firm supporter of our Second Amendment right to bear arms and I will continue to uphold and defend this right.

Again, thank you for the email and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Lynn Wachtmann
    State Representative

-Still waiting on the 2 Congressmen to reply...
    fail_187 likes this.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I feel like you're somewhat unaware of how great internet threads come about. There is a certain randomness involved. But you're right, noting great happens on this sight. There is no cursing.
    But you can Doh! To your hearts content. Snarky one liners make threads great here too, which both of us have a unique propensity for and so far have failed to perform.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    It's hard for me to decide who had a bigger influence on my life, Homer Simpson or Al Bundy.

I'm so conflicted!
    The three greatest characters ever: Homer Simpson, Al Bundy and Sam Malone.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links