Can You Expalin This One................

This is a discussion on Can You Expalin This One................ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Agencies tamp down speculation over hollow-point ammo purchases | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can You Expalin This One................

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    "Obscure federal agencies triggered a firestorm of conspiracy theories this week after they put out orders for thousands of rounds of deadly hollow-point bullets."

As opposed to non-deadly bullets? I really hate the way the media covers anything firearm related...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    My concern is that they are wasting high-dollar defensive rounds on the range where cheaper fmj's would suffice.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

You believe that much ammo was purchased for a few to for the practice range............Really ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    You believe that much ammo was purchased for a few to for the practice range............Really ?
    Why not? I go through about a thousand rounds/month on average, and I'm just an average citizen.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Tuco

Rhetorical question: Does the DOD still buy $600 toilet seats...?

But yes xXx, I tend to agree with you. That amount of ammo is not being purchased for target prractice!
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My concern is that they are wasting high-dollar defensive rounds on the range where cheaper fmj's would suffice.
    I may be mistaken, but I'd guess their regulations require training and qualification be done using duty equipment/ammo.
    OldVet and aus71383 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My son, a federal agent, has to practice often with range ammo, but all quals are done with duty ammo, typically 9mm HPs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I'd guess their regulations require training and qualification be done using duty equipment/ammo.
    My point exactly.
    Tuco

makes perfect sense for them to qualify with their duty ammo. Its the same reason that when people go to the range, they end with a magazine or two of their SD ammo.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Yeah this is all fear-mongering by our side, and has no place is logical debate. I am having trouble finding the article, but the "billion" rounds purchased by Homeland security amounts to around 200 or so bullets per agent, which is coincidentally about the number of rounds they are required to fire per year in training.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    But yes xXx, I tend to agree with you. That amount of ammo is not being purchased for target prractice!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

My dept uses duty ammo both for training and qualifications.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
    Yeah this is all fear-mongering by our side, and has no place is logical debate. I am having trouble finding the article, but the "billion" rounds purchased by Homeland security amounts to around 200 or so bullets per agent, which is coincidentally about the number of rounds they are required to fire per year in training.
    Somebody needs to watch more Smoking Man episodes of "X-Files" is all I'm sayin'.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

What's the big deal? All of us here in Texas shoot between 5,000 and 10,000 rounds a week. It's the only way we can keep our stockpiles of ammo from getting too big.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    This just means more for me to buy when they trade it in for 'fresh' stuff in a year or so!! Win-win!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links