Hoffman's in CT -

Hoffman's in CT -

This is a discussion on Hoffman's in CT - within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pistol permit, Military ID or Hunting License - Now required to buy a long gun that is "assault style". Effective immediately. Hoffman's Gun Center & ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hoffman's in CT -

Hoffman's in CT -

Pistol permit, Military ID or Hunting License - Now required to buy a long gun that is "assault style". Effective immediately.

Hoffman's Gun Center & Indoor Shooting Range

Guess they caved in on the AR issue....

Won't be shopping there ever again.
    oneshot likes this.

Shop elsewhere..........and let'em shut down....IMO.
    Drgnfly and oneshot like this.

VIP Member
    Good find. I just checked their Facebook account and they are getting a pretty good backlash. Sadly, there's way too many 'attaboys' and 'thank you' posts for my taste. If you do Facebook, hop on their page and let them know how you feel.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Yeah. A lot of stay at home mom's from what I'm seeing. One's that are posting a lot of fox news and other main stream **** onto their own pages. So we know they are well informed. Lol

Unfortunately my friend lives in CT. You have always needed at least a hunting license in that state to buy a long arm. Otherwise you had to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.

Another good reason to not go to that place. Crap service, crap prices, crap crap crap.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    Unfortunately my friend lives in CT. You have always needed at least a hunting license in that state to buy a long arm. Otherwise you had to wait 2 weeks to pick it up.
    Oh, trust me. NOT ALWAYS.

(I guess I'm a tad older than you are.)

Are you sure that assertion is factually correct?
    Drgnfly likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

LOL! Their website says "Guns for the Good Guys." I guess not.

You know, it's getting to the point that maybe everyone should consider volunteering with your local PD or Sheriff as an Auxiliary. You get a nice, official "good guy" badge (not to be confused with a CCW badge ) and you can then buy whatever the heck you want, at a LE discount no less. So there.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Exactly.. Not that I'm defending Hoffman's actions, but realistically, they're only adding a little bit of coverage (CYA-style) to avoid the intense "scrutiny" (read: ATF raid) that the East Windsor gun shop got after the Newtown shooting.

And what CT shooter worth his salt doesn't already have a hunting license or a pistol permit? Considering the restrictions already in place in Connecticut, this is hardly a speed bump. I'm amused at all the loud screams from folks saying in one breath they'll never patronize Hoffman's, then whining in the next breath about how lousy their service and prices are. Guess what, folks - they're not the only game in town. Over the years I bought plenty of guns and supplies from them, and although I never got the red carpet treatment I never got the bum's rush either.

Vote with your feet. Don't like Hoffman's, go somewhere else! (My favorite places are both in Monroe, btw.)
    Brad426 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Oh, trust me. NOT ALWAYS.

(I guess I'm a tad older than you are.)

Are you sure that assertion is factually correct?
    I used to live there and as far as I remember it has been that way since 1993.

This is only the begining.....soon in Connecticut you will need an act of Congress to buy a pop gun...... may be a little sarcastic here...but probably not too far off!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I used to live there and as far as I remember it has been that way since 1993.
    Probably so. Like I said, I'm a tad older than you are. I bought them at the hardware store long before modernity; oh,
    just after they became a state maybe
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    This is only the begining.....soon in Connecticut you will need an act of Congress to buy a pop gun...... may be a little sarcastic here...but probably not too far off!
    FWIW-- At Hopyard's CT hiding place there isn't a neighbor within miles who doesn't shoot. Still plenty of deer
    in the forest and enough deer ticks to make life nice and interesting while keeping the docs busy.
    There are bunches of small FFLs around. There is a bulletin board on the wall of the little grocery where I sometimes
    shop advertising the NRA course needed for a CT CHL. I don't think it is as anti as many believe. Certainly it is not
    like NYC or NJ and unlikely to go there even after the latest calamity.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Andrew Jackson

Litchfield county isn't as bad as other parts of the state.

That's another sad thing about the state. They complain about the number of deer but they have a short gun season and you can't hunt on Sundays. On the other hand Texas's gun season starts the first weekend of November and ends the first weekend of January.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Probably so. Like I said, I'm a tad older than you are. I bought them at the hardware store long before modernity; oh,
    just after they became a state maybe
    I got my first rifle with 2.5 books of Gold Bell Gift Stamps

Didn't need no stinking permits and they didn't even know what a background check was back then

Come to think of it...I bought my first box of 12g shells at Sears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links