Florida CWFL stats

Florida CWFL stats

This is a discussion on Florida CWFL stats within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; While personal information of CWFL holders is prohibited from release in FL, stats are not. The local news channel ran this information on number of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Florida CWFL stats

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Florida CWFL stats

While personal information of CWFL holders is prohibited from release in FL, stats are not. The local news channel ran this information on number of person per county and statewide ranking for CWFL holders. My county ranked #36 (1 in 19.75), much higher than some of the counties one might think higher.

List: Most armed counties in Florida | WPBF Home - News

Unfortunate it isn't 100% like Texas--as Jeanlouise pointed out!

Now I have to figure out who those 18.75 others are and get them in line!
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My county was # 34 even beat out lots of bigger cities. It says 1 in every 19.33 people here
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Surprised, Seminole County is #52. Even uber-liberal Palm Beach County was way ahead of us. Something doesn't sound right.

Depending on which County I want to claim (I have a house in Lee and Coller) its at 34 and 54. Hmmm

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Surprised, Seminole County is #52. Even uber-liberal Palm Beach County was way ahead of us. Something doesn't sound right.
    Correct. We have a county commission that is not gun friendly and brought a law suit against the state when the state forced the county to repeal all gun laws/restrictions that were not in accordance with the 1987 state law. A bunch of hypocrites as are most elected officials.

We are in third place with 62,950 with total licenses issued.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Those are incorrect stats, what they reflect is people who carry concealed NOT most armed counties. I know people who own for home defense or travel with them in their car trunks in lock boxes
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

My county (Brevard) has a ratio of 1 in 17.2. If you exclude kids, its probably closer to 1 in 10 adults. That is something for the bad guys to think about.

Since the possession of a gun turns good people into raving lunatics in the minds of liberals, shouldn't there be blood running in the streets?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Correct. We have a county commission that is not gun friendly and brought a law suit against the state when the state forced the county to repeal all gun laws/restrictions that were not in accordance with the 1987 state law. A bunch of hypocrites as are most elected officials.

We are in third place with 62,950 with total licenses issued.
    Yeah, the numbers are probably all those armed county officials who don't want the great unwashed to be armed.

Links