Pay check

This is a discussion on Pay check within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How is a smaller paycheck good for the economy? What was that campaign slogan? "Forward", Oh or maybe this is that new math I've been ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Pay check

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    How is a smaller paycheck good for the economy?
    What was that campaign slogan? "Forward", Oh or maybe this is that new math I've been hearing about?

2. Remove Ads

It was the FDIC tax that went back to 6% from the 4% that it was at from the stimulus package.

My federal taxes went up $70per check, so 140 a month
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Pay check

My social security taxes went from 4.2% up to 6.2%! I dont think anything else is affected since i am well below that 200k benchmark lol. Been on vacation for a while now so wont know the difference till next payday

He said no taxes increases on the Middle Class many times so all of you must be very wealthy. This is the only answer since he wouldn't outright LIE would he?
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Im sure that any lib you talk to will be blaming this on Boehner for his back in forths with King Obama
    mcgyver210 likes this.

I wonder how many people on this forum will admit to voting for Obama. He got elected despite not many people owning up to voting for him. Voter fraud? They would not let that happen, would they?
    darbo and vilecanards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    I wonder how many people on this forum will admit to voting for Obama. He got elected despite not many people owning up to voting for him. Voter fraud? They would not let that happen, would they?
    I can guarantee that the vast majority of this forum did not vote for Obama.
    darbo likes this.

I won't see my "reduction" until the 15th of this month when I get paid. My step son called about his check and my wife, who does payroll at her work had to explain to him what was happening and why. People are going to be whining about it but all we can do is nothing. O got voted in by all those who thought this would not happen, but looks like otherwise.

I cannot wait until I hear whining from my friendly Liberal O supporters and I can proudly say "shut up and pay up" you get who you vote for.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Yep, me too. so much for not hitting the little people. It's not right to do to anyone but these people are such liars. They'll say ANYTHING to get their way.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

What I want to know is this. The money I received this week is for work performed the last week of the year, so how do I have to pay more taxes on that?
    atctimmy likes this.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow247 View Post
    What I want to know is this. The money I received this week is for work performed the last week of the year, so how do I have to pay more taxes on that?
    The IRS considers the date you receive the check to be the taxable year.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

A 2% hike in Social security tax should be the only increase. It would have been worlds worse if our fed income tax went up (which is exactly why I quit making over $400,000. )

I was working on my second million by the time I was 24....... Gave up on the first million.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Haven't looked at a paycheck in years. I just know that my account will be more than expenditures. I DO watch my portfolios. The past two weeks have been gangbusters.

It is very hard to express how much money my investments have made in the past 14 days because so many long-term bets have finally paid off. So, selling into that strength has locked into those gains and allowed forward investments.

If this sort of thinking sounds odd to you, then perhaps you shouldn't be carping and puling so much about politics and maybe you should be focusing your attention on things that are important.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Don't forget your Senators and Representatives do not pay those taxes. Happy now?

that are important
    That is a matter of definition.

I think many of us share your thinking, it's just the irony that is so darn funny.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links