22nd Amendment Under Attack

This is a discussion on 22nd Amendment Under Attack within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu What about the three Republicans that have brought forth the same legislation? Don't vote for them either? You keep implying that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 22nd Amendment Under Attack

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What about the three Republicans that have brought forth the same legislation? Don't vote for them either?
    You keep implying that all Republicans are conservatives, that simply is not the fact any more than all Democrats are leftists.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Suntzu - Now you are arguing a non sequitur. The fact is, when the founding fathers realized they had not included rights needed to be included in the Constitution, they amended it. The legislation under question in today's environment has no intention of amending the Constitution or changing Second Amendment. The agenda underfoot today simply seeks to undermine the Constitution by ignoring the Second Amendment rather than changing. If the left were actually intellectually honest in this effort, they would in fact repeal the Second Amendment or make modifications to it to suit their needs. But, unlike the FF, that is not what they are doing.
    Actually, that was what I was going for. The anti's should push of an amendment to the COnstitution which in my mind would at least meet the legal basis for a change. Sorry i did not articualte that well.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    You keep implying that all Republicans are conservatives, that simply is not the fact any more than all Democrats are leftists.
    You read into what I said. I said the facts as presented....three Republicans did put forth legislation that was similiar...it is now you sir that are putting word in my mouth (post) LOL

I was not implying anything. In facy, I have never inplied that Republicans are conservatives...again, your are assuming that. I don't give a hoot if they have a D or an R..I look at their voting reocrd.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Actually, that was what I was going for. The anti's should push of an amendment to the COnstitution which in my mind would at least meet the legal basis for a change.
    Sounds like we are on the same page here.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Administrator
    How do we make it clear that no politics unrelated to the 2AM are allowed here? Infractions for all that post? Public admonishment? What's it going to take?
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    How do we make it clear that no politics unrelated to the 2AM are allowed here? Infractions for all that post? Public admonishment? What's it going to take?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links