How to communicate through this........ - Page 2

How to communicate through this........

This is a discussion on How to communicate through this........ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's a good question though, just how long will the anti-gun hysteria go on? Or, is this the new norm? Dick's Sporting Goods stops selling ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How to communicate through this........

VIP Member
    It's a good question though, just how long will the anti-gun hysteria go on? Or, is this the new norm?
    Dick's Sporting Goods stops selling guns, TV shows being cancelled, Feinstein's bill coming up etc.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's a good question though, just how long will the anti-gun hysteria go on? Or, is this the new norm?
    Dick's Sporting Goods stops selling guns, TV shows being cancelled, Feinstein's bill coming up etc.
    Dick's stopped selling AR15 style rifles. The still have a shelf full of guns for sale. Let's keep it real.
    suntzu likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Well, lets just say for argument sake the SHTF............how do we communicate if the Net is shut down.....has happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Well, lets just say for argument sake the SHTF............how do we communicate if the Net is shut down.....has happened already.
    If the NEt is shut down I think we have more important problems than two ridiculus shows being cancelled
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Not the answer................

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Dick's stopped selling AR15 style rifles. The still have a shelf full of guns for sale. Let's keep it real.
    Oh, ok. I never go in there, I thought it was more extensive than just AR15's.
    atctimmy likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

What answer do you want?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Hypothetically.........the net is shut down...had this during Sandy.....how do you communicate with your peers....?

VIP Member
    For real? If I was for real I'd get a burner phone and get about 20 or 30 phone numbers from people I thought might know something. I'd get SIXTO's number and probably Mulle46. They're both police and would have some sort of information. Hotguns too now that I think of it. The best way would be twitter or FB, but if everything shut down then you would just have to take it on faith that "it" is on. You'd better have your big boy pants on for that day.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

OK...I got lost on this thread...we went from gun shows being cancelled to no internet..... Anyway, this seems to work:
    smoke_signals.gif
    EDIT: Notice the irony....at one time indians could not purchase guns

VIP Member
    I think it's time to break them out
    suntzu and wmhawth like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I think you will be digging around the house for an........ AM radio.

I think the time is now to become a HAM operator. and take out stock in tin foil. DR

Maybe..............guess we'll just have to wait and see.

VIP Member
    A multi band scanner would be a good idea. If you are serious.

Also while things are still working it would be a good idea to send a few PMs around to get contact info.....that is IF you are serious and not just kidding around with this thread.

VIP Member
    Hypothetically.........the net is shut down...had this during Sandy.....how do you communicate with your peers....?
    I would suggest that you get a HAM radio license if you truly have these concerns. The technician license is fairly easy to get but to maximize your ability to talk over distances, you'll want a general license.

Just to head off any objection to getting the license, I'll say this; sure, you can use a HAM radio without a license and in the scenario you are talking about, getting busted by the FCC would be the least of your problems. So I'll just concede that right off the bat. However... What getting a license will do for you is allow you the ability to learn and use your radio now, and speak with other HAMs now. If your scenario were to come to pass, that wouldn't be when you'd want to be trying to work through the HAM learning curve. You could do that part now, legally, and then you'd maintain the ability to communicate, with some people at least, if something like your scenario were to happen.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links