How to communicate through this........

This is a discussion on How to communicate through this........ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by xXxplosive Well, lets just say for argument sake the SHTF............how do we communicate if the Net is shut down.....has happened already. Improvise ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How to communicate through this........

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Well, lets just say for argument sake the SHTF............how do we communicate if the Net is shut down.....has happened already.
    Improvise adapt overcome.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    A multi band scanner would be a good idea. If you are serious.

Also while things are still working it would be a good idea to send a few PMs around to get contact info.....that is IF you are serious and not just kidding around with this thread.
    Ain't no way I'm giving out contact info to xXxplosive.
    atctimmy likes this.

I heard a rumor that people use to use something called a voice to communicate with each other. We could talk to one another with our voices...that is if you remember how to interact with other humans without the use of electronics.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's a good question though, just how long will the anti-gun hysteria go on? Or, is this the new norm?
    Dick's Sporting Goods stops selling guns, TV shows being cancelled, Feinstein's bill coming up etc.
    Looks like it might go on for a long time. It appears that "they"(President Obama Vice president Biden, anti-gun members of Congress, and anti-gun media outlets) have awakened the public into believing more "gun control" laws is the answer. As I have stated in other posts, there are many gun hunters that believe in banning "evil" weapons and high capacity magazines. Heck there are members of this forum that speak of "reasonable" gun laws. Personally I don't see much good coming for our side. I feel it is partly due to our side not putting on a united front. I am disappointed over the 2nd amendment organizations being mostly silent. In another thread someone stated its better to wait and fight the fight when they come with the bill(s). While I do not disagree with fight then I do disagree that we are not "selling" our side to the American public like "their" side is. Doing nothing gets you exactly that.

I am surprised that it appears A&E pulled there new show titled Panic 911. I think this is time it should be showing so Americans can see first hand how important it is to have weapons.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Looks like it might go on for a long time. It appears that "they"(President Obama Vice president Biden, anti-gun members of Congress, and anti-gun media outlets) have awakened the public into believing more "gun control" laws is the answer. As I have stated in other posts, there are many gun hunters that believe in banning "evil" weapons and high capacity magazines. Heck there are members of this forum that speak of "reasonable" gun laws. Personally I don't see much good coming for our side. I feel it is partly due to our side not putting on a united front. I am disappointed over the 2nd amendment organizations being mostly silent. In another thread someone stated its better to wait and fight the fight when they come with the bill(s). While I do not disagree with fight then I do disagree that we are not "selling" our side to the American public like "their" side is. Doing nothing gets you exactly that.

I am surprised that it appears A&E pulled there new show titled Panic 911. I think this is time it should be showing so Americans can see first hand how important it is to have weapons.
    I agree 100 percent in bold. Plus a lot of folks on this forum just don't believe that statement (in bold). In another thread running about Feinstein saying she has thousands of gun owners supporting her legislation, folks are ridiculing her and calling her a liar. I think she is telling the 100 percent truth. It is not hard to find thousnds of gun owners that want "reasonable" gun laws. In fact, "reasonable" gun laws is another way of saying "if it doesn't affect me and protects what I have then I don't care"
    atctimmy likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Move to NJ......then tell me about reasonable gun laws.

I have a hard time trying to understand your post...is this directed at me? What are you saying?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Veering back onto the original topic...

Cancelling a TV show is a far cry from stopping a blog or message board. One individual server may decline to host but given the filth that is out there it seems there is no shortage of hosts. I think we have much bigger things to worry about that have a much greater chance of happening.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I would suggest that you get a HAM radio license if you truly have these concerns. The technician license is fairly easy to get but to maximize your ability to talk over distances, you'll want a general license.

Just to head off any objection to getting the license, I'll say this; sure, you can use a HAM radio without a license and in the scenario you are talking about, getting busted by the FCC would be the least of your problems. So I'll just concede that right off the bat. However... What getting a license will do for you is allow you the ability to learn and use your radio now, and speak with other HAMs now. If your scenario were to come to pass, that wouldn't be when you'd want to be trying to work through the HAM learning curve. You could do that part now, legally, and then you'd maintain the ability to communicate, with some people at least, if something like your scenario were to happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll be listening on the 20 meter band, right around 14.250 MHz... I'll be wearing a red carnation!
    TX expat and atctimmy like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

No thanks...I moved from NJ.

From my perspective, Texas has much more reasonable gun laws than NJ.

Gun laws aren't the only things in NJ that are unreasonable.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links