How to communicate through this........

This is a discussion on How to communicate through this........ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So now that most of the firearms related Cable shows have been terminated.....how do we keep communicating after they shut down our Gun Blogs next ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How to communicate through this........

How to communicate through this........

So now that most of the firearms related Cable shows have been terminated.....how do we keep communicating after they shut down our Gun Blogs next ? Telephone numbers ? Texting ?

2. Remove Ads

Facebook, except for the fact that I'm not on it yet.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    I'm not surprised by the demise of 'Sons of Guns' or 'American Guns'. The networks they were on weren't exactly gun friendly to begin with. Those networks have already demonstrated they leaned which ever way the current winds blew. They did their best to portray the people as slightly nuts.

We'll never get main stream pro gun shows on major networks. Fact is all the antis have to do is threaten to boycott the advertisers & that's it. Advertisers don't want any negative press. Can you think of any advertisers that have stood their ground on any issues? (the only one I can think of is Chick-Fil-A)
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

That's not the question.............

VIP Member
    Start building up a good supply of fire wood and wet leaves for smoke signals.
    Last edited by archer51; January 6th, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am confused...how did we communicate through stupid TV shows to begin with? Are you saying Sons of Guns and America Guns were good messengers of the 2A message?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

No, I'm saying once they decide to close the gun blogs we participate and communicate in............

VIP Member
    We communicate by the sound of rifle fire. : )
    TX expat and JoJoGunn like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Ah Ha..............................you win.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    We communicate by the sound of rifle fire. : )
    One shot for go away. Two shots for... Oh wait, with the tax increase and the current state of the economy, I can't afford warning shots.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

With as many communications channels as there are, we'd find each other. For them, it'd be like playing whack-a-mole. They'd knock down one and another would pop up.

What blog are we talking about and who is going to shut them down? Seriously, blogs are done by private folks....only the government can shut them down unless you are saying that ISP's will block them....I really have no idea what you are talking about.....just call me ignorant

BTW: If it is a free enterprise private establishment they can do whatever they want. Just like DC, they squash views and ideas and it is their right to do so. There is nothing wrong with that. EDIT: Unless they are mine!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The paranoia is getting rampant here. Those shows were marginally entertaining at best, embarrasing to gun owners at worst. Even Top Shot became mediocre after a couple of season, resorting to more and more bizzare challenges to try to be entertaining.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The paranoia is getting rampant here. Those shows were marginally entertaining at best, embarrasing to gun owners at worst. Even Top Shot became mediocre after a couple of season, resorting to more and more bizzare challenges to try to be entertaining.
    How do I know that it's really you that posted this?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Me? Wasn't me. I think you're getting paranoid.
    TX expat likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links