IRS stupidity - Page 2

IRS stupidity

This is a discussion on IRS stupidity within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not an expert, but this seems like the type of notice that would come via certified mail....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: IRS stupidity

I'm not an expert, but this seems like the type of notice that would come via certified mail.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I send everything to the IRS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. A good habit. A long time ago my ex and I filed jointly, what I did not know was after signing the forms, she tossed them and filed married separately. Since I had moved out, all the mail went to her address which she also tossed. Fast forward two years, I come home to find they had seized my bank account bouncing checks all over town and levied fines and penalties for non filing. More than doubled what I owed and discussions with them were, to quote the Borg, "resistance was futile". They are not messing around, even when they seem nice and helpful. They are trained to do that and lull you into complacency. Again, you need representation now!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I wish. But I called them to an IRS number on their "I am going to seize your assets" form.
    Are you SURE the form is from the IRS and that the number of the form with the IRS label on it is REALLY to the IRS? NEVER trust numbers of a form you receive in the mail. My grandparents received a "form" in the mail that was actually identical to a real form from the bank, but contact information was edited.
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Assuming that they are in error, you should have no problem proving your compliance. From this point on all of your correspondence with them should be by registered mail with delivery receipts. If you go physically to their office and leave them copies, make sure you get a signed receipt for them. Do not release your original documents, but make copies for them. Create and maintain a log of all interactions with them noting time, place, who, what, and a summary of the conversation. Do not give out information to a voice on the telephone. Get everything in writing.

I will add that your post here is unclear on exactly what your responses were since they are sentence fragments. Also, why would you tell a stranger that you have a gun safe?

Good luck!
    Hopyard and msgt/ret like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links