How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies - Page 2

How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

This is a discussion on How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There you go! They're going to stop this gun madness by taking away all our money!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There you go! They're going to stop this gun madness by taking away all our money!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    On this, I said on day one it won't make a difference, the number of people who will boycott (far less than those who claim they will) will not make a noticeable dip in the daily sales figures. I didn't notice a single protester around here, and if one doesn't stand out front waving a sign, how does AZ know you didn't come in.

Banks, on the other hand, are all about assets (a measure of financial stability), which includes the money in checking and savings accounts. They will notice a sudden drop in that number.

And you're right about Americans having a gnat's memory, and I hope that includes the Antis.
    OldVet, You have made a wrong assumption that no one is boycotting some store because there is no one waving a sign in front of it, how can I wave a sign in front of Cheaper than Dirt, I live in Florida, they are in Texas. I have notified each and every business of my intent to no longer make on line purchases from their business and why. I have also called B of A and requested my account be closed and why, followed by a letter to their corporate office. I don't have a gnat's memory and take offense at being accused of having one, speak for yourself. The sentance should have read: And you're right about SOME Americans having a gnat's memory.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Re: How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    It's not about the need, it is about the right. I'd wager you have led a sheltered life or never have had to go to locations that place you in harms way. If you had the attitude would not be so care free.
    Sounds like typical American entitlement to me. You presume far too much.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I won't. Nothing will inconvenience my comfort and convenience of living, not even in support of my right to bear arms. I love having my 2nd amendment right, but, if it's taken, life will still go on. Yes it could be cut short, but we could play the could bes and what ifs all day. Intelligent people don't speculate, they calculate. Here's my calculation...

I'm 32y/o without having seen a gun or been near a dangerous situation that was life threatening revolving around any sort of weapon. Break that down into days, hours, minutes, etc that's some good odds.

It has as much to do with chance as it does being careful, cautious and precautionary. I stay away from areas of poverty. Keep company with a particular class & type of persons whom are like minded, tax paying, self accountable, honorable and respectable citizens. People that are proud but not prideful; adults; Americans by my definition. Everyone else I ignore or play pleasant with, but never get involved with. It's not hard to do!

It's not just about you and your personal experiences. Not everyone is as lucky or has the luxury of living the way you do. If the 2A goes away for one...it goes away for everyone. So even if you don't care for yourself, care for those that have and want to defend themselves.

OP...I try not to support any company that I don't agree with. I didn't renew my Costco club membership after the CEO was onstage at the Democratic convention singing the praises of "O". It might make absolutely NO difference to them but it makes me feel good.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

OD*

Huh? How is a right an entitlement?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think I missed where you put the sarcasm tags.........I hope. You can not be serious......there is a certain amount of "me me me me" in everybody but sir, you sound like if it did not interfere with your "country club" lifestyle and friends you would not care if the Constitution was trashed.....
    Hardly country club. Lol I'm lower middle class. I speak of a class of character. And I am all about me and mine. You are 100% correct that if it didn't affect me I would be fine with anything being trashed. But nobody here said anything about trashing the whole constitution, merely one element of it. Don't go blowing this out of proportion crying Wolf her guys. I'm fine with debate and exploring other points of view, but when words start getting put into mouths and extreme exaggerations take place of fact, well, then you're just liberal. Ooooooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Are you a hermit? I'd also bet that you have never served your country in anyway. Yep, you are just a taker, let others fight the battles and not to be inconvenienced you will just sit back, enjoy life and reap the benifits.
    Never served. Never thought twice about it. Not interested. I appreciate that others do what they think is right, I would appreciate they return the favor. Though I know that won't happen. Mob mentality won't allow it and the world is flat as long as we say it is! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I also haven't been in a life-threatening situation revolving any sort of weapon, thank goodness. Those are good odds, and I intend to keep the odds in my favor by staying armed and doing what I can to keep my right to stay armed. The company I keep and the places I go and don't go only account for part of those good odds. Without the laws that legally give me the fighting chance to defend myself in one of the most efficient ways, those good odds will decrease. There's a woman in a gated community (news story, few years ago) who is no longer feeling safe because a tag team came in her second story window and raped her. "Safe" gated community, nice neighborhood, nice lady. Bad things are not reserved for bad people who do bad things in bad places during bad times of day.

I might not know of all the anti companies out there to boycott them all, but I can do my part to keep my 2A rights by having my voice heard by boycotting the ones I can.

The ones who shrug their shoulders and move on like there's nothing that can be done and nothing that should be done, and who think so little of what our forefathers bled and died for - what our soldiers STILL bleed and die for - WILL worry when they have no rights left at all and no one left standing to bleed and die for them, because they will find their comfort and convenience of living will be inconvenienced.
    He we go again, playing conjecture and what I call franticism. It may only be a matter of time before all laws go out the door. It may be that in 2 decades a meteor kicks us back a ways. It may be blah, blah, blah... This isn't about laws preventing us from safety, it's about 1 singular amendment being altered. And it's yet to become Anthony more than discussion on options. Good Lord people are nuts.

OD*
    He we go again, playing conjecture and what I call franticism. It may only be a matter of time before all laws go out the door. It may be that in 2 decades a meteor kicks us back a ways. It may be blah, blah, blah... This isn't about laws preventing us from safety, it's about 1 singular amendment being altered. And it's yet to become Anthony more than discussion on options. Good Lord people are nuts.

You've shown your hand way to soon to have any fun baiting the members.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I will boycott ALL Anti-Constitutional Companies, Period. The ones that I have full Bodily control over as to not walk an inch into their business, I will Boycott.

We must all do this if we say who we say we are, Patriotic Americans.

We have to make a stand but in a good way for our Constitution, our Freedoms, our Great Country we call America that so many men died for

America is the LAST SOVEREIGN NATION on the Planet and by the Grace of GOD we must not let it slip into the hands of Evil Men..

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Individually no, that's why most support and belong to one or more large organizations like the NRA or GOA and others. As a group, we can make a big difference.
    phreddy likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    bye bye!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Sorry but your opinion cannot be stated here or you will be arrested.

Not to worry though it is only one singular amendment we are altering....
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    OldVet, You have made a wrong assumption that no one is boycotting some store because there is no one waving a sign in front of it, how can I wave a sign in front of Cheaper than Dirt, I live in Florida, they are in Texas. I have notified each and every business of my intent to no longer make on line purchases from their business and why. I have also called B of A and requested my account be closed and why, followed by a letter to their corporate office. I don't have a gnat's memory and take offense at being accused of having one, speak for yourself. The sentance should have read: And you're right about SOME Americans having a gnat's memory.
    Never said no one was boycotting AZ, did I? I said I saw no protesters, as others have mentioned they did, and that I felt the minimal number of pro-gun people boycotting the business will not have any significant effect. I take (slight) offense at you attempting to put words into my mouth by mis-stating what I said.

READ closely what I wrote:
    "On this, I said on day one it won't make a difference, the number of people who will boycott (far less than those who claim they will) will not make a noticeable dip in the daily sales figures. I didn't notice a single protester around here, and if one doesn't stand out front waving a sign, how does AZ know you didn't come in."

Where did I say no one was boycotting? I didn't. You assumed I said that, and I know you know what "assume" means. But continue with your campaign if you think it will work. I wish you well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member

Fee fie foe fum...one of the forty seven percent has graced us with their presence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links