How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

This is a discussion on How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First of all I applaud folks for doing what they feel is right and feel that it may actuallyaccomplish something. Anyhoo, there have been a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

First of all I applaud folks for doing what they feel is right and feel that it may actuallyaccomplish something. Anyhoo, there have been a recent increase in threads about folks going to boycott BOA and possibly Walmart, and writing letters to whom ever. Couple of questions? First...don't you think that BOA and other companies have made a calculated business decision and don't mind losing your business? Or do you really feel that boycotting works. Gunowners all over America said they were going to boycott Autozone until they changed their policy. I said back then and I will say now...Americans have the attention span of a gnat. The boycott did nothing and Autozone is going about its business with more or less the same amount of customers.

Two: How far will you really go boycotting companies? Have you checked where your vehicle is made? Is it a no gun zone (yes I am talking about factories on US soil). What about the steel mills? Where do you buy your gas? Does Mobil, Exxon, et all allow folks to carry in corporate offices? UPS, FedEx, Yellow Frieght? Ever check where the products you buy are made that you get on the internet to see if they are gun friendly...What about all of the other big banks and their corporate offices....do they allow carry?

Guess what I am saying is "do you really make a difference?"
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    First...don't you think that BOA and other companies have made a calculated business decision and don't mind losing your business?
    Of course they make such decisions. It's part of operating a business. Nearly every business does. And the businesses that are large enough to ignore any uber-small-but-vocal segment of any supposed "group" of potential customers has a very good business reason to do just that.

Or do you really feel that boycotting works.
    It does, with my own wallet. If I opt to not purchase something (for whatever reason), I'm taking my dollars elsewhere. Whether that ties to any larger impact via others coming along "with" my decision is irrelevant to my own decision. That's the beauty of a free society. And if the issue is big enough to matter, and enough people feel and act similarly, then it'll have an impact. To the extent that it doesn't strongly shows where such concerns are on the average person's plate. That's about as good an indicator as exists.

Gunowners all over America said they were going to boycott Autozone until they changed their policy.
    Some gun owners said such things. Apparently, that was an incredibly small (albeit vocal) minority of the customers that frequent that shop. Doesn't mean such owners weren't sincere, or that the issue wasn't important. About all that can be said is that the issue wasn't one for the vast majority of that business's customers.

How far will you really go boycotting companies?
    Similar to my general defensive stance when threatened: if I see a wrong that needs righting, and if I feel I have a strong chance of either avoiding the splatter and/or contributing to the outcome, that'll influence my decision to get involved. When it's pointless and ineffective in terms of achieving my goals, then it's largely irrelevant whether I do anything differently. Still, in the end, it's my money and choice, and like anything else we do in this world you pays your money and takes your chances. There are no guarantees, on this or anything else.

Have you checked where your vehicle is made? Is it a no gun zone (yes I am talking about factories on US soil). What about the steel mills? Where do you buy your gas? Does Mobil, Exxon, et all allow folks to carry in corporate offices? UPS, FedEx, Yellow Frieght? Ever check where the products you buy are made that you get on the internet to see if they are gun friendly...What about all of the other big banks and their corporate offices....do they allow carry?
    When it really matters to me, I often dig beneath the surface bluster, yes. But generally, pretty much because of what you suggest, my own personal stance on this or that product or service doesn't amount to a hill o' beans beyond my own money and choices. And I understand that.

On things where the "back story" is verifiable and documented (ie, candidates and their voting records), you bet I dig into it where I feel it's important to me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    How do you know that Autozone is going about with the same amount of business? There will not be any announcements until they release their 1st quarter results and it is against the law (Sarbanes-Oxley) for them to release them to subjectively.

Last year when Rush Limbaugh had his Sandra Fluke issue, their was a huge difference in the earnings annoucements of a select few of his former advertisers in their quartetly announcements months after the issue.

Also, even though the total company numbers might not seem to have changed, there could be a big difference locally. The stores have internal reporting where they compare same store sales over time. The effects might well show up internally and we never hear a word. It does not mean that our voices were not heard.
    Last edited by phreddy; January 8th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Gunowners all over America said they were going to boycott Autozone until they changed their policy. I said back then and I will say now...Americans have the attention span of a gnat. The boycott did nothing and Autozone is going about its business with more or less the same amount of customers.
    On this, I said on day one it won't make a difference, the number of people who will boycott (far less than those who claim they will) will not make a noticeable dip in the daily sales figures. I didn't notice a single protester around here, and if one doesn't stand out front waving a sign, how does AZ know you didn't come in.

Banks, on the other hand, are all about assets (a measure of financial stability), which includes the money in checking and savings accounts. They will notice a sudden drop in that number.

And you're right about Americans having a gnat's memory, and I hope that includes the Antis.
    Betty likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Re: How far will you go boycotting "anti 2A" companies

I won't. Nothing will inconvenience my comfort and convenience of living, not even in support of my right to bear arms. I love having my 2nd amendment right, but, if it's taken, life will still go on. Yes it could be cut short, but we could play the could bes and what ifs all day. Intelligent people don't speculate, they calculate. Here's my calculation...

I'm 32y/o without having seen a gun or been near a dangerous situation that was life threatening revolving around any sort of weapon. Break that down into days, hours, minutes, etc that's some good odds.

It has as much to do with chance as it does being careful, cautious and precautionary. I stay away from areas of poverty. Keep company with a particular class & type of persons whom are like minded, tax paying, self accountable, honorable and respectable citizens. People that are proud but not prideful; adults; Americans by my definition. Everyone else I ignore or play pleasant with, but never get involved with. It's not hard to do!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I won't. Nothing will inconvenience my comfort and convenience of living, not even in support of my right to bear arms. I love having my 2nd amendment right, but, if it's taken, life will still go on. Yes it could be cut short, but we could play the could bes and what ifs all day. Intelligent people don't speculate, they calculate. Here's my calculation...

I'm 32y/o without having seen a gun or been near a dangerous situation that was life threatening revolving around any sort of weapon. Break that down into days, hours, minutes, etc that's some good odds.

It has as much to do with chance as it does being careful, cautious and precautionary. I stay away from areas of poverty. Keep company with a particular class & type of persons whom are like minded, tax paying, self accountable, honorable and respectable citizens. People that are proud but not prideful; adults; Americans by my definition. Everyone else I ignore or play pleasant with, but never get involved with. It's not hard to do!

Ben Franklin would have said you deserve neither comfort nor convenience. It's not about the need, it is about the right. I'd wager you have led a sheltered life or never have had to go to locations that place you in harms way. If you had the attitude would not be so care free.
    suntzu, MamaMaria and thephanatik like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Comparing the American public to gnats is insulting to hard working gnats everywhere.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Somebody needs to make a list and post it................IMO.

They like lists............

I think I missed where you put the sarcasm tags.........I hope. You can not be serious......there is a certain amount of "me me me me" in everybody but sir, you sound like if it did not interfere with your "country club" lifestyle and friends you would not care if the Constitution was trashed.....
    Echo_Four, pfries and thephanatik like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

Are you a hermit? I'd also bet that you have never served your country in anyway. Yep, you are just a taker, let others fight the battles and not to be inconvenienced you will just sit back, enjoy life and reap the benifits.
    Echo_Four and Betty like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'm guessing Seattle.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I didn't even read this entire thread, because I didn't need to. My response to the title, however is quite simple and direct. If I find out a company, no matter who they are, is anti 2nd ammendment, I will not spend one penny with them. Period.

Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Wal-Mart is depressing.

I think I missed where you put the sarcasm tags.........I hope. You can not be serious......there is a certain amount of "me me me me" in everybody but sir, you sound like if it did not interfere with your "country club" lifestyle and friends you would not care if the Constitution was trashed.....
    Maybe he has the right idea. Just keep on truckin. I'm more concerned about how Congress is bankrupting the country, nationalized healthcare, an invasion of illegal immigrants, etc than a 10 round limit on magazines.

This country is messed up, sometimes you just have to say screw it.

VIP Member

I also haven't been in a life-threatening situation revolving any sort of weapon, thank goodness. Those are good odds, and I intend to keep the odds in my favor by staying armed and doing what I can to keep my right to stay armed. The company I keep and the places I go and don't go only account for part of those good odds. Without the laws that legally give me the fighting chance to defend myself in one of the most efficient ways, those good odds will decrease. There's a woman in a gated community (news story, few years ago) who is no longer feeling safe because a tag team came in her second story window and raped her. "Safe" gated community, nice neighborhood, nice lady. Bad things are not reserved for bad people who do bad things in bad places during bad times of day.

I might not know of all the anti companies out there to boycott them all, but I can do my part to keep my 2A rights by having my voice heard by boycotting the ones I can.

The ones who shrug their shoulders and move on like there's nothing that can be done and nothing that should be done, and who think so little of what our forefathers bled and died for - what our soldiers STILL bleed and die for - WILL worry when they have no rights left at all and no one left standing to bleed and die for them, because they will find their comfort and convenience of living will be inconvenienced.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links