AWB March on State Capitol Jan 19th 2013

This is a discussion on AWB March on State Capitol Jan 19th 2013 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good grief. We can be our own worse enemy at times. Get the dates straight and post a link or something from what ever organization ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AWB March on State Capitol Jan 19th 2013

Administrator
    Good grief. We can be our own worse enemy at times. Get the dates straight and post a link or something from what ever organization is putting this together.
    thephanatik and Hoganbeg like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    My understanding is that on January 19 each state will have its own gathering at their own capitol. I've heard nothing about a national gathering in Washington D.C. I'll see if I can find clarification.

Here are a few links I've been able to find (there are many more) echoing the call to action march. I can find nothing about a march in the Federal Capitol although I would hope that the denizens of D.C. would do so. I'm thinking that a march at the nation's captol would be a good follow-up event, although probably less successful. Please note that open carry is not recommended simply because it is thought that it will give the anti-gun crowd "ammo" to use against us. Also, check your local laws about carry (open and concealed) in the vicinity of the capitol buildings. As representatives of the pro-gun faction we want to remain scrupulously lawful.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...,115012.0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=MUAfft7l4wQ#!

As an alternative , there is Gun Apreciation Day, calling for en mass support for any gun related activity at

ranges, stores, etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2431509.html
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; January 10th, 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    As an alternative , there is Gun Apreciation Day, calling for en mass support for any gun related activity at ranges, stores, etc.

'Gun Appreciation Day' Planned For January 19 By Conservative Coalition

I believe thats been happening for a month now. Have you seen the parking lots at gun shops?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I'm trying to get plans together for going to my capitol. Having a sure date would be quite helpful. Guess I'm going next weekend, to nashville!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I'm there on Jan. 19th.

Distinguished Member
    Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF) just sent out an email about this.

The "Guns Across America" rally is on 1/19 on the steps of the Capitol in Salem. Assembling on the steps before noon. Lars Larson will be supporting the rally on his radio show.

A second rally with "The Patriots Party" will be on 2/8 @ 10AM. It will be at the Capitol as well, more specific location to follow.

Note: Salem has a ban on carrying loaded firearms, concealed or openly, without a valid Oregon CHL. Those planning on attending with rifles are asked by the event coordinators to leave ammunition locked in the car.

There is also a Facebook page that is promoting this.... The have a list contacts in each state for more information.......
    https://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links