NRA or other car/truck decals

This is a discussion on NRA or other car/truck decals within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What do you all think about putting my NRA decal on the car window/bumper. I have mixed feelings. Not afraid to advertise my support but ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: NRA or other car/truck decals

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

NRA or other car/truck decals

What do you all think about putting my NRA decal on the car window/bumper. I have mixed feelings. Not afraid to advertise my support but not excited about becoming a verbal or physical target either.

nra.jpg
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I don't like putting any stickers on my truck. I have a few NRA stickers and have thought about it. Still considering.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

To those who are offended by firearms, it would seem a provocation of their greatest fears.

To those who are open to the concept, how it's taken would depend on the person viewing it.

While I can't recall hearing of any recent incidents in the news about sticker-laden vehicles being targeted (though, it's clear we wouldn't hear of the vast majority of such petty crimes), it would open your car up to identifying you in this liberty-hating climate as one of "those" people.

Up to you, on your own vehicle, depending on how you view the pro/con mix of doing so.

Not my cuppa, personally. But that's just me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I put an NRA Sticker on my vehicle for 1 day, Then I decided to take it off, Not because of the shootings it was before the shootings, but I didn't want to advertise that I had any firearms. Its no ones business. Just an advertisment to break in car and house.. People will join the NRA regardless when they get fed up. Glad to hear that 100,000 joined in the past 18 days.

Around here being a member of NRA or displaying one of their stickers would be the norm rather than the exception. We might be a bit red-neck around here but we are proud of who and what we are!
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I don't put anything on my car for the same reason I don't tell anyone I'm carrying....because it's non of their damn business.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Always carry, never tell.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

I have an NRA decal on the back window of my truck, and I am proud to display it, I also have a Gadsden flag liscense plate on the front of my truck, and am just as proud to display it. And I dare anyone to give me flak about either.

Donnie D
    Tzadik likes this.
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

Distinguished Member
    I have an NRA sticker on the back of my car (well, SUV). I put it on to tick off my Liberal relatives. I smile whenever I think about it.

When I pass a car or truck with an NRA sticker I think to myself, "there's someone I could trust to help me in a bad situation". Maybe that's being naive but it's the truth.

Some day I'll take the "Romney" bumper sticker off, but for now I want people to know that they don't need to blame me for the mess we're in.
    ruso, archer51, ppkheat and 7 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I am not trying to make this political, but if I saw a vehicle with a NRA decal in distress, I would help them whole lot faster than I would someone with a Democrat sticker, if I help them at all.
    DFuller and Regoria75 like this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    The NRA is an honorable organization made up of responsible law abiding men and women, dedicated to firearms safety and the moral, ethical, legal use of firearms for any and all legitimate legal purpose. It is an organization I am proud to be a member of. I have the sticker on my vehicle to display that I am a proud ambassador and a not ashamed who knows it. The people that would start a confrontation over something like that are not rational people. Personally, I will not be forced to hide my affiliation with the NRA because these crazies don't agree with me. They are ignorant baffoons who are victums of lies and misinformation spread by the propaganda arm of the Democratic party, who we all know has a hidden agenda to destroy the 2A. I will not engage these loonies if confronted, I understand the importance of deescalation in these matters. They will not control my life or the way I choose to live it. I will do everything humanly possible to avoid confrontation, but if given no choice, I won't back up, and I won't back down. Everyone has to make the personal decision as to how much control they are willing to turn over to these people. I can only speak for myself, and in your case it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what you think. For me the answer is simple. I will give them nothing.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Around here being a member of NRA or displaying one of their stickers would be the norm rather than the exception. We might be a bit red-neck around here but we are proud of who and what we are!
    I lost the one that goes on the inside window and actually found it yesterday! Stuck it on before I started work. I'm not intimidated by people as they tend to not come around me anyways. Down here tattoos are NOT normal and mine are exposed when I wear short sleeves. I also wear alot of "fitting" band shirts and I'm not out of shape. There are also alot of minorities in this large city and they don't mess with the whiteboy look is what I get usually. Even tho I've got a heart the size of texas and don't mind helping people out. I don't have my CCW as some of you know so I don't carry. I've already had one gun stolen from my truck so I choose not to leave mine in the vehicle unless I know I'm in a secured spot where there is always someone around, like at work our parking lot is private so some days I'll leave it locked in my glove box. (stupid on my part) The neighborhood the shop is in makes me the wrong color skin but they wont wander in the parking lot. For one we have a police patrol station right up the street and there is usually a marked or unmarked car in the front parking lot. But sticker wise I'd put some on if I had some whether it was Glock or H&K. What I don't like about the Life Membership with NRA is they won't send you those stickers or any merchandise related until you're paid off. I'm on an easy pay installment.

I wear my NRA Cap every day. If I can find a NRA sticker I will put it on my Truck with pride..

Heck, I'm wearing my instructor's jacket to stores....why not....anybody object ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Some day I'll take the "Romney" bumper sticker off, but for now I want people to know that they don't need to blame me for the mess we're in.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links