Federal Government (bureaucratic programs) Pay Raise - Page 2

Federal Government (bureaucratic programs) Pay Raise

This is a discussion on Federal Government (bureaucratic programs) Pay Raise within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got a whopping 1.7% increase in m,y SS check. But wait.....Medicare B insurance cost subtracted from this same check went up by 5%...Hmmmmmm God ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Federal Government (bureaucratic programs) Pay Raise

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I got a whopping 1.7% increase in m,y SS check. But wait.....Medicare B insurance cost subtracted from this same check went up by 5%...Hmmmmmm God I love Obama Care.......NOT
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    So get over it. We are all in the same boat.
    Again, I was not talking about EMPLOYEES - I am talking about the government, the institution, the bureaucracy. I am talking about increasing the revenue for spending for pork, aid to countries that hate us, and food stamps for illegal immigrants. THAT is the revenue increases that frustrates me. If I can tighten my belt a notch or two, then so can the government.

For goodness sake we increased the revenue of illegal immigrants, while reducing revenue for citizens (I feel a Robin Hood reference here). The citizens reduced revenue is not just through the paychecks (although that is what I referenced) but through increased insurance premiums due to Obamacare, gas taxes, higher taxes for businesses, etc.

I would love the extra money, but I don't want a pay raise if it means raising taxes/costs on others to pay for my raise.

Sorry for the rant, it is partly due to the State Employee's Union that I have to pay non-voting dues to sending out emails and notices that almost demand our support for a legislative bill to provide a 10% pay raise over less than 18 months.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRolo View Post
    I work for for the federal government haven't had a pay raise in 3 years
    I feel your pain brother. Did you notice the drop on your last check. $50 less per pay period...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links