I did something dumb the other day

This is a discussion on I did something dumb the other day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have seen door to door meat guys a few times. Had a refrigerated van and the meat. What they are trying to do is ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I did something dumb the other day

I have seen door to door meat guys a few times. Had a refrigerated van and the meat. What they are trying to do is sell you meat in bulk. Havent ran into a lot of em but I have been approached by a couple here at home over the last few years.

2. Remove Ads

@OP as long as you're still alive and you learned from it then it's all good. Similar example...I stayed at my parents place for the weekend to work on my jeep(long story - I don't have a garage...they do ;-p).

Anywhoo, I had the dog with me(extremely protective rescued pitbull) and apparently they had someone coming from a Craigslist posting to look at one of their dining room sets to purchase. I came in from working on the jeep and they said they were putting the dog upstairs since these craigslisters were coming.
    I said...
    Are you KIDDING ME? This is what the dog is for!
    The dog will listen and stay if I tell her. Leave her free roam and if you're still all that concerned I'll put her shock collar on just in case. You have people whom you do not know from adam responding to a craigslist ad showing up at YOUR HOME to either A) legitimately purchase your stuff, or B) rob you on the spot, C) Case you for later. It REALLY DOES HAPPEN ALL THE TIME!
    When put that way...they saw the light so to speak. It's all about whether you survived first and foremost, and after whether or not you learned from the experience.

...They did just open the door right up when the bell rung too...baby steps. I guess I'll fix that one next time. Although, I seem to remember saying that to myself the last time too.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Thanks for all your replies! Even yours oneshot, but you are going to be in trouble for it because blondes are a protected class on CW.com

Yes, I am lucky this time and I've thought about it and how differently it could have turned out. Some of you have had some really bad experiences.

I'm definitely going to keep my gun downstairs in an easily accessable place and never answer the door again without it close by.

I really appreciate your support and suggestions. I plan to take them!
    No knock.

No doorbell.

Just the sound of the door being kicked open and a guy (or 2 or 3) running at you.

Where is your gun??? 5 feet away? 10 feet away? 15 feet away? 10 feet away from you but 10 feet closer to the BG? Will you get to the gun in time?

You've been given a "wake-up call". Now wake-up and start carrying your gun on your person. If you choose not to carry your gun on your person, the "message" you received was not the same "message" that was sent to you.

Did your "wake-up call" tell you that you should have your gun near you when in the presence of a stranger or did your "wake-up call" tell you that you should have your gun with you when in the presence of a stranger?

The stranger/Bad Guy might not announce himself next time.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links