Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods

This is a discussion on Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy I watched a farmer do the same thing here on atctimmy farm. When we moved in nobody knew where our septic ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I watched a farmer do the same thing here on atctimmy farm. When we moved in nobody knew where our septic tank was. A friend from church said he could come over and find it.

He took two metal coat hangers and made two #7 shaped metal "thingies". Then he walked around and found two or three drain pipes under the ground. It was cool to watch him do it.

I don't know anything about finding lost "items", just that it does work to find running water.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is truth.

I have done this. The first time I saw this done , it was an oil guy frome Traverse City, he worked for the Mc Clure oil company, and he called it "Witching a line", and it works just as described above in finding an oil pipeline which was underground 3ft or so, and is apprx. 8 in, in diameter.
    When you walk with the two metal rods that you have bent,(you are holding the short ends 4-7 in, and the long ends 10-14 in.) straight out in front of you around 9-12 in. apart(pointing away from you) and when you cross the pipe, the two rods criss-cross.
    atctimmy likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Yes this works very well, we use it often for locating water and sewer lines, and if you're not careful you will pick up telecom and power.
    As far as locating lost items just recently the County Sheriff located a burned and buried body of a young woman, using this method.

As for why it works, we are not sure, but my hypothesis, relies on the user's unconscious knowledge of where things lie. For instance consciously you may not even realize there's a depression in the ground indicating a buried item or even unknowingly feel the difference as you walk on disturbed ground.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I can do it and my brother can do it, but our parents cannot. I believe there is a perfectly good scientific explanation for it, but I don't know what it is. I don't believe there is any kind of mystical voodoo. I can do it for water sources, so the stick will even pull towards a person because people are high in liquid content. I don't believe the lost object finding though, that's what metal detectors and bloodhounds are for.

I prefer a forked stick, like from a willow tree. It's a really weird thing to hold that forked stick FIRM and it will start to PULL and DRAG DOWN when it gets to a water source.
    Betty, it's possible you have Pooka somewhere in your heritage and don't know it. It may have 'hopped' a generation skipping over your parents and going straight to you and your brother.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It works my sisters ex husband worked for the water co and showed me how to do it which isnt hard. Just a couple of metal coat hangers one in each hand hold lightly and when you cross over metal, even a dime if you walk very slow they will cross over each other. I have found water springs this way but I think it has to with the iron in the water more than the water itself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Was your neighbor around when they trenched those pipes?
    The guy who did it wasn't my neighbor. He was a friend from church. He had never been to my property before.

The reason we couldn't find the septic tank was that everyone who knew where it was had passed away 5 years before we bought the place. The only living person familiar with our house was born after the tank was put in.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I think I read once that it has something to do with Earth's magnetic field and how some objects can have an effect upon it.

The "dowser" can tap into that magnetic field where the anomalies of the field exist. That will point the way to the object.

Or it could be some hidden force or talent we have and only a specific few even dare to use it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The brass/copper rods defeats that theory.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Never tried brass copper rods just metal coat hangers. Im pretty sure I aint got no special powers or forces or nothin. Dont know why it works really but it does.
    atctimmy likes this.

Obi-Wan Kenobi taught me how.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Brass, steel, copper, all same same, you savvy me.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Administrator
    The Earth is filled with electromagnetic energy. It is not inconceivable that metal, solid objects, and water buried in the Earth could disrupt or interrupt that field and that a sensitive individual could detect that slight "energy anomaly" and that abnormality could manifest itself in the movement of copper rods or a wooden divining rod.

We know for a fact that a lightning bolt does not need to hit a human being directly in order for a person to be injured or killed by lightning.
    That lightning electrical energy is transmitted through the ground and up into a person so Why Not? a far lesser amount of electrical energy - a trickle would be detectible if a person was sensitive enough to detect it.

So possibly the brain detects it and the subconscious mind then causes the rod or rods to move accordingly.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility. Birds and some sea creatures know their direction by being tuned in to the magnetic force of the planet.
    Jeanlouise, atctimmy and JoJoGunn like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    There are all sorts of things we don't really understand but that doesn't make them less real.

Some people give off so much energy that a battery operated watch will NOT work when they wear it.
    QKShooter and atctimmy like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    There are all sorts of things we don't really understand but that doesn't make them less real.

Some people give off so much energy that a battery operated watch will NOT work when they wear it.
    And old man at a previous job I worked at was like that. Any cell phone he held in his hand also lost signal. It was kinda weird. Note: he had no medical devices implanted in his body.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

It works, when I was a kid in the 40's and 50's I watched it and the men at the time took it as a matter of fact. How does it work? Well... the process is called divining. That is a root of the word divination. Mentioned 12 times in the bible. Here is one verse:
    (Acts 16:16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

I DON'T do divining or dowsing.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    It works, when I was a kid in the 40's and 50's I watched it and the men at the time took it as a matter of fact. How does it work? Well... the process is called divining. That is a root of the word divination. Mentioned 12 times in the bible. Here is one verse:
    (Acts 16:16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

I DON'T do divining or dowsing.
    Hey now. I aint soothin no sayings or spiriting anything. I just found my septic tank water lines and lost metal shaft arrows walking around with a couple of coat hangers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links