Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods - Page 3

Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods

This is a discussion on Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RKflorida It works, when I was a kid in the 40's and 50's I watched it and the men at the time ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Divining Rods/Dowsing Rods

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    It works, when I was a kid in the 40's and 50's I watched it and the men at the time took it as a matter of fact. How does it work? Well... the process is called divining. That is a root of the word divination. Mentioned 12 times in the bible. Here is one verse:
    (Acts 16:16) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

I DON'T do divining or dowsing.
    They called it supernatural because they didn't understand the world like we do today.

I saw a tv show about it and they believe it has to do with ions.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Moderator
    I'll fess up.
    I can do it too. I use coat hangers straigtened out with about 4 inches bent at a 90 degree angle.

I didnt even know I could do it until about 10 years ago. At work I came across a guy doing the same thing over a bunch of gravel. Curious, I asked him "what the heck are you doing"? He had dropped a small screw in the gravel and couldnt find it. I thought he was crazy, until those wires crossed. He bent over and picked up the screw. Thinking that I had been set up, I grabbed that screw out of his hand and chunked it. He gave me a wierd look and said, "let me guess, you dont believe it"." No guess" I said. " I dont believe it". With a sigh, he walked over to about where he thought it was and started again.

"Yeah buddy...I've got ya now" I told him. Within 5 minutes he found that screw again...right where the wires crossed. He had my attention then. I gave him the third degree about it and he told me that his mom could do it, him and his brother could do it, but his dad and two sisters couldn't do it. He couldnt explain how it worked, just that it worked.

So,he had me try it. Sure enough, it worked. I figured out that I could find stuff with it.

Rebar in concrete. Nails in the grass. Screw in the dirt that were small enough that you couldnt even see them in the dust. Pretty much anything metal, even brass or aluminum was easy for me.

Water...hit or miss. I had a well dug where I thought there was water. I told the driller to go 150 deep. He called me at work as said he was around 135 and it was a dry hole. I told him to go 150.

He called me back, fearing that I had popped the top on an artesian well. My pipe was filling so fast that he thought it would come out the top. It didnt. It stopped at about 5 feet below the surface, where it has been for the last 15 years.

I dont claim to know much about it...just that it works. I know that most people can not do it, but some can. I'm sort of in the same camp as QKshooter on it, I think it has something to do with magnetic force. I know that I rust everything that I touch and I always wondered if that had something to do with it.

Oh well. It works for me.
    Jeanlouise and QKShooter like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

They work. Been there myself.

Ive never seen anyone that couldnt do it once they were shown how to bend the hangers and hold them so they dont bind. Ive shown a lot of folks how to do it. Only ones that have trouble are the ones that walk to fast while doing it.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have seen them used many times on road reconstruction jobs but most of the time are followed up with a Fisher 8800 locator which will give location a depth.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Didn't believe it either and I laughed my butt off when my friend at work broke out the L shaped brass rods. It was amazing to me that not only A. they worked in the first place but B. I was able to do it as well and C. my friend staked about 3 feet of digging on just how well they worked.

Don't know why or how but I have seen it and done it. Very, very curious.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    There are all sorts of things we don't really understand but that doesn't make them less real.

Some people give off so much energy that a battery operated watch will NOT work when they wear it.
    Yeah, and they name their kids "Willow", "Rain", "Breeze" and such... Oh yea, and they have a COEXIST sticker on the back of the Prius.

As far as energy goes... With the right socks, and cheap hotel carpet, I can shock you back to last Tuesday. But my watch still works.

I'm not buying it.

Pure woo.

Administrator
    Some cultures use the nut from a coconut laid on the hand. A coconut with the outer husk removed. When they pass over an underground water source the nut will stand upright in the hand. What (if any) "science" is behind it...I have no idea but, it has been done for hundreds if not thousands of years.

That would be one that I would like to try.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I have been trying, very unsuccessfully for the last several years to divine the exact spot in Lake Erie where my boat sank with all my firearms on board. I will let you know when they turn up.
    boy we all should just stay on dry land so we dont keep losing our weapons
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Administrator
    A great Internet Rumor to start.
    Alex Jones sez...Govt. agencies are now hiring Dowsers to locate firearms and ammunition buried in citizens backyards.
    JoJoGunn and atctimmy like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Rest assured that at my age and condition I dont "give off much energy" And I couldnt find a bucket of water in front of me with a willow stick.

I do know for a fact and can do it whenever I want as anyone can if they dont bind the rods and walk slowly that you can find find metal with coat hangers. Ive done it over and over and taught others how to do it. Its not nearly as fast as a metal detector since you have to walk very slowly but it does work.

I dont know how it works, or why it works only that it does.
    atctimmy likes this.

My grandpa taught me when I was about 11, coz he built the place and didn't map where he put stuff, but I haven't practiced much since then. I bought a house in town and they got people for that. I just made the utility company come paint lines, then cussed a blue streak at their supervisor when I didn't find any buried pipe. I told em where to shove it, coz they gave me 30 days to fix a "leak" coming from an area that didn't have any pipe. Needless, I got an extension, no fines, and they ran a camera up the line no charge. I still had to dig that extra hole though.....but it was pretty awesome the look on their faces when they looked down in it and there wasn't anything
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Senior Moderator
    Alex Jones sez...Govt. agencies are now hiring Dowsers to locate firearms and ammunition buried in citizens backyards.
    Thats how I found the stash I buried by a tree a couple of years ago. The wind blew the tree over. Luckily, it blew it away from my can instead of over it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

We all have "senses" with the ones that are recognized such as sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. I have had some ESP experiences in the past and thought that perhaps it was some evil influence but we are given gifts by the Creator and some of them we use, but as we grow older we are taught that those things are not right.

I went with some friends to the Great Serpent Mound in Adams Co. Ohio. I like those things and my friends said that I had a strange look on my face while there. I "felt" something but could not explain it. It wasn't frightening or scary, it was actually kind of peaceful and almost spiritual.

Later on I discovered on a trip there with my wife, that where the mound was constructed was the remnant of an impact crater many years ago and the magnatism produced by the impact still exists and the Native people who built the mound felt it.

I don't know. I don't want this thread to morph into a religious debate, that is not the intent of it but we are surrounded by things outside the physical we do not comprehend.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links