NY and.....

This is a discussion on NY and..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live in the sate of NY, Buffalo to be exact. I am upset at what goes on with our government not only with the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NMB
  • 1 Post By kb2wji

Thread: NY and.....

NY and.....

I live in the sate of NY, Buffalo to be exact. I am upset at what goes on with our government not only with the new laws they are passing towards "gun control" but everything in general. As citizens of this counrty what is it that we can do to change this? Writing to out governors doesnt seem to work as they still do what they want to do. I guess not voting for them might help but then you have the rest of the people that just vote cause they love the guy without knowing anything about them or just vote to vote. I guess my question is how can the people change this? Is there anything we can do to stop these kind os laws from happening? Do we have a voice?

2. Remove Ads

NMB
    You are the minority in a very liberal state. The majority of the voting population is very blue and lives in NYC.

You can take your tax money and business to a another State. That is regrettably your only voice.
    TX expat and TheConcealer like this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Good question and I don't have the answer because voting didn't make a difference (for me anyway).

I was born and raised in northern NY and I'm so glad I don't live there anymore. Between the taxes and political climate the only advice would be to get a moving van and get outta there as fast as you can. Go south, it's your only hope.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime720 View Post
    I live in the sate of NY, Buffalo to be exact. I am upset at what goes on with our government not only with the new laws they are passing towards "gun control" but everything in general. As citizens of this counrty what is it that we can do to change this? Writing to out governors doesnt seem to work as they still do what they want to do. I guess not voting for them might help but then you have the rest of the people that just vote cause they love the guy without knowing anything about them or just vote to vote. I guess my question is how can the people change this? Is there anything we can do to stop these kind os laws from happening? Do we have a voice?
    You and the residents of Cairo, Illinois have much in common in that you are governed by a city-state with which you have little in common.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    You are the minority in a very liberal state. The majority of the voting population is very blue and lives in NYC.

You can take your tax money and business to a another State. That is regrettably your only voice.
    ^^^this^^^

It may seem like a painful or overwhelming option, but if you don't leave, you are just supporting a state that does not support you.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I feel your pain. Spent my first 28 years in NY. It's a beautiful state with tons to offer, but unfortunately it has tons to take as well.

Voting rarely worked for me up there, but hey, if you dont vote, you cant complain.

I got tired of the taxes, politics, and climate. I got out. Leave while you still can ! ! You can always visit
    Rattlehead likes this.

Leave Now........NY can only get worse.......IMO.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. While I can understand your frustration, not voting just plays into their hands. As others have said, unless you have no option, get out of the state, before they levy a exit fee for those wishing to leave.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I feel your pain. Spent my first 28 years in NY. It's a beautiful state with tons to offer, but unfortunately it has tons to take as well.

Voting rarely worked for me up there, but hey, if you dont vote, you cant complain.

I got tired of the taxes, politics, and climate. I got out. Leave while you still can ! ! You can always visit
    As a recent refugee myself, I tend to agree. Consider this - NYC has a population of 8 million... NYS 19 million. That's a cool 40% of the state that rarely sees eye-to-eye with upstate on anything, and will (barring a very strong upstate voting bloc) dominate the politics of the state, taking the other 11 million citizens (and their wallets) along for their ride.

Links