James Yeager makes it on Colbert Report - Page 2

James Yeager makes it on Colbert Report

This is a discussion on James Yeager makes it on Colbert Report within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You see humor in having your Bill Of Rights...2A.....Raped.....by the left ? Maybe you need to visit some of our national cemetaries and see how ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: James Yeager makes it on Colbert Report

You see humor in having your Bill Of Rights...2A.....Raped.....by the left ?
    Maybe you need to visit some of our national cemetaries and see how many have given the ultimate sacriface for your right to bear arms.........Humor....you say ? Ya think this is funny ?

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Ya Know.....your like that Piece of Corn that gets caught in your teeth and ya just can't get it out.......the Devil's Advocate again rears it's ugly head, IMO.....get with the program and stop the controversial BS. Unless the fence sitter is actually you.
    Your the guy that always plays the other hand here.....I dunno....why would you even waste your time watching that Ass Hat.
    That was a really helpful post, I especially like all periods, really adds something to what you have to say. I will gladly be that piece of corn if it means that I can have a sense of humor. Lastly, I have the ability to see one side of the story, learn something from it, and use it to send well thought out letters and articles to my elected officials and local paper about gun control and the media. Maybe instead of insulting people on this website who are clearly pro 2a you should focus on something more constructive.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    You see humor in having your Bill Of Rights...2A.....Raped.....by the left ?
    Maybe you need to visit some of our national cemetaries and see how many have given the ultimate sacriface for your right to bear arms.........Humor....you say ? Ya think this is funny ?
    I...... find....... humor...... in..... someone...... taking....... comedy...... shows..... seriously......
    Darrow75 and aus71383 like this.

Hmmmmm. Fighting amongst ourselves I see. Looks like "they" are already getting what "they" want, a divided opposition.

As for Yeager & Jones, it's just the media's way. Ever notice at motorcycle rallies & event, they always find the guy with the big Viking horn hat to interview instead of the ten thousand normal guys?
    KBSR and aus71383 like this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

It would have been nice to see AmidstTheNoise, MrColionNoir, Military Arms, or others like them on, but Colbert isn't about getting news or facts across; It's about making people laugh. Sadly, a large number of people do see these shows as news sources.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

I do not think that Colbert is funny, and this was no exception.
    The Daily Show is much funnier. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    That was a really helpful post, I especially like all periods, really adds something to what you have to say. I will gladly be that piece of corn if it means that I can have a sense of humor. Lastly, I have the ability to see one side of the story, learn something from it, and use it to send well thought out letters and articles to my elected officials and local paper about gun control and the media. Maybe instead of insulting people on this website who are clearly pro 2a you should focus on something more constructive.

Some people are hammers and everyone they come across is a nail. They don't understand humor, irony, or satire and can't see he legitimate purpose for it. Geez...give the guy a break! His purpose in life is to pound us all into place as he sees it.

James Yeager and Lance Armstrong on a tandem. Fast and sleazy and not much fun to ride with.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I just don't think I aspire to be a "subject" on the Colbert Report. Too much downside.
    Darrow75 and Tzadik like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I'm not wading into the squabble, but I gotta say I thought the piece was funny.

And for the record, i don't subscribe to "rape of my 2nd amendment" is imminent camp either. We're going to win this, because we're right.

Lighten up, it'll all be OK. There are lots of intelligent and articulate people on our side. The left will always glom onto the nuts (like the poster said about the bike rally and the Viking helmet), but that won't carry the day when it's all said and done. Keep doing what you can do, and I'll keep doing what I can do. We're on the same side (I think).
    Darrow75 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I am not a James Yeager fan. I've met him a total of three times. I've rarely met a more self obsessed man.

While I share the feelings he professed in the first two videos, I believe he could have presented them in a less jackass-y way.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links