Rule # 1 cardio. - Page 2

Rule # 1 cardio.

This is a discussion on Rule # 1 cardio. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 I agree Timmy, I have posted before about talking to preppers and people interested in resilience planning and finding out that ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rule # 1 cardio.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I agree Timmy, I have posted before about talking to preppers and people interested in resilience planning and finding out that most of them will probably die out by having to actually do manual labor (like farming) in the hot southern sun.

For the record I am 6'2" and weigh 150lbs soaking wet with my boots on
    Timmy is 6' 0" and about 217. By summer I want that number to be at or below 200. Last year I was in the 240ies.

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post

Body or vehicle?
    Vehicle. As in Bradley, Striker or Abrams.
    Brad426, pgrass101 and TX expat like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If it comes to me vs Bradley, Striker, or Abrams then I would be up the proverbial creek without a self propelling device.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Is there an app where you can "zombie" someone, you know, make a real, living person into what they would look like as a zombie...

...and then whack em in the head with an axe?

Sorry, needed to vent a little. I'm better now. I meant a virtual axe, of course. ;)

Senior Moderator
    I really don't think that the government is that scared of me and my little collection of WWII guns. I don't think they would even bother to waste a droned launched Hellfire missile, when they could just plant some meth in my house and then let me rot away in prison
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

You mean you can't fight the good revolutionary fight from behind a keyboard
    Brad426, atctimmy and TX expat like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    If it comes to me vs Bradley, Striker, or Abrams then I would be up the proverbial creek without a self propelling device.
    My point exactly. My plan is to not be there if they show up.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Timmy is 6' 0" and about 217. By summer I want that number to be at or below 200. Last year I was in the 240ies.
    You and I could be book ends.

Although I'm still under the delusion that I can maintain ~217 by gaining back some muscle mass (the last three months of 2012 saw almost no exercise).

I gotta dream...

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    My point exactly. My plan is to not be there if they show up.
    I'll fight. Well, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. And no weekends. Oh, and I need to take a little bit longer lunch on the 23rd.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

OD*
    Too old to fist fight, too fat to run, thank God Almighty I gots me a gun.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Get thee to a gym!
    Hopyard likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

At 56 years young, Jo Jo is in really, really good shape. Why we should ask?

"Because I work hard at it, strength training and playing basketball with much younger kids at the YMCA twice a week. That's why."

I started doing it at age 40, I have a buddy who is bi-polar and he goes there and trains us, it helps his malady to lift weights. We used to compete in weightlifting and I have won several awards for the effort. Now though, I no longer compete, I just want to stay in shape and as reasonably good health as I can. I eat as well as possible and drink lots of water cut back on the salt, sugar and all that stuff.

But some people have bad genetics and they can't do much about their shape. And remember "Round is a shape!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Why? Because even as a 61-year old fatman I can still shoot pretty damn straight. That's why.

No Christmas card for you, brother.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Great thread. LOL

I'll say this: a lot of the problems we face in society, be it "gun violence," obesity, the fiscal cliff/national debt, etc., would be largely resolved with a large dose of personal accountability.

For the record, 6'0", 195 lbs over here.
    atctimmy likes this.

I have not stepped on a scale in 3 months but last time I weighed myself I lost 20 pounds since going Cross Fit.

I had to drill 3 new holes in my belt to make it smaller.

Arms ,back, legs hurt everyday but it is a good pain.
    atctimmy likes this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Maybe healthier days ARE head...wouldn't you lose weight on a slim diet in a FEMA camp?
    OldVet, OldVet and pgrass101 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links