Rule # 1 cardio. - Page 3

Rule # 1 cardio.

This is a discussion on Rule # 1 cardio. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stop armor? If it comes to that with this President making blatantly illegal EOs by passing congress etc etc ad nausem, I think and believe ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rule # 1 cardio.

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,017
    Stop armor? If it comes to that with this President making blatantly illegal EOs by passing congress etc etc ad nausem, I think and believe that likely the Pres that would be King will be facing the armor should he order a military attack on their own citizens based on illegal and unconstitutional efforts to enforce his will.
    As for not being top physical shape I admit not to being due to my ticker and other issues but im not so far gone as to be useless. There would be many skills needed in all out revolution. Heavy and hurried construction with civilian equipment as well as destruction of bridges etc. Heavy transport vehicles needing skilled drivers. The list goes on.
    Me Ill run a armored dozer with a confiscated howitzer and rocket launches mounted on it.


  2. #32
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,291
    heh... I'm a warm weather warrior. I regularly work out and stay in good physical shape in the warmer months and slack off in the cold. I hold around 185-190 spring/summer(at 6'1") and 210 in winter. I guess I'm doomed if the apocalypse starts in winter.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  3. #33
    VIP Member
    Array Echo_Four's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Land of the mostly free
    Posts
    2,832
    I'm bigger than I should be. I have been working on that for health issues simply because carrying excess body fat is much more likely to kill you than a bad guy with a gun is. However, being overweight shouldn't be confused with being out of shape. Usually they connect, but not always. While I'm not going to run a perfect score on a Marine Corps PFT I still do OK. I finished a 3 mile run in 24:10 on Saturday. In addition to running I do strength and flexibility work regularly. I try to make sure that I'm still capable of taking the fight to the enemy for two reasons. First, my line of work isn't safe- the possibility of a fight for life is always there. Second, I once swore an oath to defend the nation, there was no expiration date. I may not fit into the Dress Blues any more, but by God if the country needs to use me I'll answer the call.
    ErnieNWillis, oneshot and mulle46 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

  4. #34
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'll fight. Well, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. And no weekends. Oh, and I need to take a little bit longer lunch on the 23rd.
    You're Air force too?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  5. #35
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,436
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    As long as Mrs. Whec still thinks you're a sexy hunk o man then you're OK. : )

    But yes, I agree. It is harder after you break the big four-oh. Unless you are Chuck Norris or SIXTO.
    I thought Sixto was immortal.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  6. #36
    Senior Member Array kerberos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It seems to me that there is a ton of talk going on about resisting tyranny these days. I have a cousin who talks the loudest. He posts things on Facebook that clearly state his intention to fight back against our Government. It really makes me laugh every time I see it.

    Why does it make me laugh? I laugh because my cousin is about 300lbs and he has been so heavy for so long that I truly doubt that he could sprint 100 yards without dieing.

    So my question to DC.com is this: Why should our Government fear a group of overweight, burger eating, milkshake slurping, fatso Americans who can't even walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch their breath?


    I see a lot of tough talk but not enough tough walk here locally. How bout you?
    Hey!!!

    I resemble that remark...

    Seriously.

    I gotta get something started...

    Thanx atctimmy.

    atctimmy likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

  7. #37
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You're Air force too?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  8. #38
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,678
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It seems to me that there is a ton of talk going on about resisting tyranny these days. I have a cousin who talks the loudest. He posts things on Facebook that clearly state his intention to fight back against our Government. It really makes me laugh every time I see it.

    Why does it make me laugh? I laugh because my cousin is about 300lbs and he has been so heavy for so long that I truly doubt that he could sprint 100 yards without dieing.

    So my question to DC.com is this: Why should our Government fear a group of overweight, burger eating, milkshake slurping, fatso Americans who can't even walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch their breath?


    I see a lot of tough talk but not enough tough walk here locally. How bout you?
    I am a weak, cowardly wannabe who scarcely says much at all, so I really can't weigh in here.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

  9. #39
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,169
    Remember in the book 1984 where the government required everyone to get up at 6:00 and exercise in front of their Big Brother monitored tv's?

    It might never to come to that but I can definitely see a time in the near future that you will be required to weigh-in and maintain a certain weight if you are insured by the "Affordable Care Act". It will be one way to keep the expenses down.
    Bloomberg has already decreed the size of sodas, that's just the beginning.

    Before long I bet smoking will be banned, alcohol consumption will be regulated, certain foods will be banned...there's no end to the control they might use because it's "for the children" or it's for the "good of the people" for the insured to stay healthy.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  10. #40
    Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Willis, TX
    Posts
    1,230
    OK I'll brag now too!

    6'0 and 194.
    I do Extreme fitness and Krav Maga three days a week. I can hold my own.
    atctimmy likes this.

  11. #41
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Remember in the book 1984 where the government required everyone to get up at 6:00 and exercise in front of their Big Brother monitored tv's?

    It might never to come to that but I can definitely see a time in the near future that you will be required to weigh-in and maintain a certain weight if you are insured by the "Affordable Care Act". It will be one way to keep the expenses down.
    Bloomberg has already decreed the size of sodas, that's just the beginning.

    Before long I bet smoking will be banned, alcohol consumption will be regulated, certain foods will be banned...there's no end to the control they might use because it's "for the children" or it's for the "good of the people" for the insured to stay healthy.
    It already is. I pass out when I reach my limit.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  12. #42
    Member Array SIG_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SW, OK
    Posts
    106
    I hate that crap on facebook, I dont post that crap. I am on facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family. As for in shape...I am 6ft 1in and weigh 205 I run about 15 miles during the course of the week and hit the gym for weight training 3 times a week. Dont get me wrong I agree with the fact that everyone has the right of freedom of speech and expression, but what I see more often than not is people who want to draw attention to themselves because they are gun owners. For instance open carry, I am all for having the right to do so, but I do not carry that way.

  13. #43
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe healthier days ARE head...wouldn't you lose weight on a slim diet in a FEMA camp?
    Yes, I believe you would. With my luck I'll get the FEMA camp run by Colonel Saito.

    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    heh... I'm a warm weather warrior. I regularly work out and stay in good physical shape in the warmer months and slack off in the cold. I hold around 185-190 spring/summer(at 6'1") and 210 in winter. I guess I'm doomed if the apocalypse starts in winter.
    You'd be up to speed in just a few weeks. 15 lbs is not the "out of shape" I'm talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I'm bigger than I should be. I have been working on that for health issues simply because carrying excess body fat is much more likely to kill you than a bad guy with a gun is. However, being overweight shouldn't be confused with being out of shape. Usually they connect, but not always. While I'm not going to run a perfect score on a Marine Corps PFT I still do OK. I finished a 3 mile run in 24:10 on Saturday. In addition to running I do strength and flexibility work regularly. I try to make sure that I'm still capable of taking the fight to the enemy for two reasons. First, my line of work isn't safe- the possibility of a fight for life is always there. Second, I once swore an oath to defend the nation, there was no expiration date. I may not fit into the Dress Blues any more, but by God if the country needs to use me I'll answer the call.
    If you can run three miles in 24:10 this thread is not for you. Good on you Sir. We may need more like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I thought Sixto was immortal.
    He is. That's why I mentioned him. ; )

    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Hey!!!

    I resemble that remark...

    Seriously.

    I gotta get something started...

    Thanx atctimmy.

    So did I friend. That's why I brought it up.
    kerberos likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

  14. #44
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,787
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Timmy is 6' 0" and about 217. By summer I want that number to be at or below 200. Last year I was in the 240ies.
    Two words for you. low carb

    Get on a low carb lifestyle like paleo or a low glycemic index lifestyle and you'll get there easy. Ok, well not easy... You have to have the desire to improve your life, but it sounds like you already have that going for you.

    I'm 6'2" and 195, for the record... I'm shooting to lose another 5 to 10 and stay there.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  15. #45
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am a weak, cowardly wannabe who scarcely says much at all, so I really can't weigh in here.
    You and I both know that's not true. Also, I've seen the pictures that you post. This thread does not apply to you Mr. Skinny. : )

    Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post
    I hate that crap on facebook, I dont post that crap. I am on facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family. As for in shape...I am 6ft 1in and weigh 205 I run about 15 miles during the course of the week and hit the gym for weight training 3 times a week. Dont get me wrong I agree with the fact that everyone has the right of freedom of speech and expression, but what I see more often than not is people who want to draw attention to themselves because they are gun owners. For instance open carry, I am all for having the right to do so, but I do not carry that way.
    It's not the posts that make me mad. It's the fact that my cousin would die of a massive heart attack before he was ever able to get to the battle. He talks tough but in reality he is a big jelly doughnut of a man.


    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Two words for you. low carb

    Get on a low carb lifestyle like paleo or a low glycemic index lifestyle and you'll get there easy. Ok, well not easy... You have to have the desire to improve your life, but it sounds like you already have that going for you.

    I'm 6'2" and 195, for the record... I'm shooting to lose another 5 to 10 and stay there.
    You know, I don't really care about the numbers. I just want to be in shape enough to run a triathlon without dieing. I'm old enough (and married enough) that I'm not looking to impress anyone. I just don't want to be limited in what I do by a lack of cardiovascular fitness.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors