Rule # 1 cardio.

This is a discussion on Rule # 1 cardio. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not as svelt as I was back when I was active duty. But, I do walk a few miles a day with the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rule # 1 cardio.

I am not as svelt as I was back when I was active duty.

But, I do walk a few miles a day with the pup, so I know I won't keel over from a heart attack within the first 100 yards. But, I could stand to pull the weight back off.

As far as armor, you don't necessarily need to shoot them to stop them, if you know what you are doing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Two words for you. low carb

Get on a low carb lifestyle like paleo or a low glycemic index lifestyle and you'll get there easy. Ok, well not easy... You have to have the desire to improve your life, but it sounds like you already have that going for you.

I'm 6'2" and 195, for the record... I'm shooting to lose another 5 to 10 and stay there.
    +1! That's the first thing I do come time to drop again...cut out the BREADS AND PASTAS BIG TIME! Eat more fish and chicken and balance out with veggies. It doesn't need to be fancy.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Old bull here, my days of running into the fray are long gone. Patiently wait for the less mentally endowed to close the distance and then...

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    +1! That's the first thing I do come time to drop again...cut out the BREADS AND PASTAS BIG TIME! Eat more fish and chicken and balance out with veggies. It doesn't need to be fancy.
    I have used weightwatchers for men online. I found it as good if not a tad bit better than a low car diet. Both work well if you stick with them.

To quote the song "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good once as I ever was." I have also said "Yes it's true I never was the man I used to be!"

I say this after returning from the YMCA to reply to this ongoing thread and from my sadistical friend who has formed a training regimen that kills people in the Tough Man contests. I don't know why I do this, perhaps it is a death wish or I am in the early stages of losing more brain cells than normal. And guess what? I will be there this coming Monday to celebrate MLK day by enduring more. I swear, he must have been a Medieval Torture expert in another life.

It has it's benefits. I don't look my age, I am in great shape for someone in mid 50's, and I still have loads of energy. It has helped me in my music, I am drummer and that is an extremely difficult instrument to play if your shape is that of a 250 lb lump. I also found the energy to take up playing the bass guitar as well.

I'm not sure if it has enhanced or maintained my shooting skills. I was never really that good of a shot and thank goodness for semi auto and multi round magazines or I'd really just be way less than average and about 3 on the 1 to 10 scale.

Anyway, a good work out does a person good. It actually releases endorphins, that stuff that makes you feel all good inside. Lowers your blood pressure, and a bunch of other stuff too numerous to mention.

Just don't let my buddy train you if you have not seen the inside of a gym since the Eisenhower administation. We would have to change the name of this thread from Cardio to Cardiac.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I'm not sure if it has enhanced or maintained my shooting skills. I was never really that good of a shot and thank goodness for semi auto and multi round magazines or I'd really just be way less than average and about 3 on the 1 to 10 scale. "

Apparently you are the only one on this forum who can'T put 10 shots into one ragged hole at 25 yards while running flat out and leaping tall buildings in a single bound. GET WITH THE PROGRAM. ROOKIE!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

5'11, 225lbs now, plan on getting down to 185-190. Ran my first tough mudder at 230. Run and work out 3-5x a week.just need to be better on diet. Don't have the time to devote to exercise I used to when I was AD. Best shape I was ever in, 5'11", 175lbs, 40+miles a week running, gym 4-5times a week.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Rule # 1 cardio.

48 yrs old, 5'11", 175 lbs, 13% body fat, Krav Maga twice a week, lift twice a week, wind sprints twice a week. I think I can keep up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links