Rule # 1 cardio.

Rule # 1 cardio.

This is a discussion on Rule # 1 cardio. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It seems to me that there is a ton of talk going on about resisting tyranny these days. I have a cousin who talks the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rule # 1 cardio.

VIP Member

Rule # 1 cardio.

It seems to me that there is a ton of talk going on about resisting tyranny these days. I have a cousin who talks the loudest. He posts things on Facebook that clearly state his intention to fight back against our Government. It really makes me laugh every time I see it.

Why does it make me laugh? I laugh because my cousin is about 300lbs and he has been so heavy for so long that I truly doubt that he could sprint 100 yards without dieing.

So my question to DC.com is this: Why should our Government fear a group of overweight, burger eating, milkshake slurping, fatso Americans who can't even walk up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch their breath?

I see a lot of tough talk but not enough tough walk here locally. How bout you?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I see alot of that stuff and think really? A gym membership would help most of these people way more than another 1000 rounds of .223's! I ofter wonder if on some of these peoples last years on earth if they will wish they had spent more money on their SHTF stuff or their 401K's
    ChrisMia and Hopyard like this.

I'm 5'11", 170lbs of lean meat. I'm not sure how much tough walking I'll be doing though. I'm still hoping that higher logic and calmer minds will prevail.
    Hopyard likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

6'1" and 185 pounds of lean, mean fightin' machine here. I have a fairly low tolerance for pain, though, so if I could maybe have a rear-echelon job in the revolution that would be cool.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I got back in the gym more for a change of lifestyle and wanting to be here for my kids. I am 6'2 265. Overweight, but not fat. Like alcohol and have the belly to prove it. I have started to think of it as a survival tool and while it isn't always discussed it is a lot easier to survive if you are healthy. That applies to battle or armageddon.
    atctimmy and Boozehound like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

My belly is my body armor...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

250+lbs on a 5'10" frame and a bad wheel. Not much running happening here but I can tag any part of a human sized target at 500yds or more without a scope 9 times out of 10.
    Betty likes this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

VIP Member
    My point in starting this thread was to get us to think about being healthy. I think many of us in the US are much more likely to die of heart disease than from a Government storm trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    250+lbs on a 5'10" frame and a bad wheel. Not much running happening here but I can tag any part of a human sized target at 500yds or more without a scope 9 times out of 10.
    What do you shoot that can stop armor?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    My belly is my body armor...
    I remember that thread! You are immune to that wimpy .380 round right?
    mano3 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    My point in starting this thread was to get us to think about being healthy. I think many of us in the US are much more likely to die of heart disease than from a Government storm trooper.

What do you shoot that can stop armor?
    I was a darned good TOW gunner back in the day, but I'm sure those are banned.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    At the tender age of 47, I'm starting to have to work a little harder at it.

I no longer chomp at the bit to work out. I force myself in and grind through the pain. I'm lifting a third of the weight that I did in my prime, but I'm still pushing through the motions.

I still eat like a redneck though. Omega 3 fish oil pills keep the cholesterol from spinning off the charts.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I work out to keep my heart strong so I can do my part to repopulate the earth while the rest of you are off killing zombies!
    sauerpuss, atctimmy and l1a1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    At the tender age of 47, I'm starting to have to work a little harder at it.

I no longer chomp at the bit to work out. I force myself in and grind through the pain. I'm lifting a third of the weight that I did in my prime, but I'm still pushing through the motions.

I still eat like a redneck though. Omega 3 fish oil pills keep the cholesterol from spinning off the charts.
    As long as Mrs. Whec still thinks you're a sexy hunk o man then you're OK. : )

But yes, I agree. It is harder after you break the big four-oh. Unless you are Chuck Norris or SIXTO.
    goldshellback likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I agree Timmy, I have posted before about talking to preppers and people interested in resilience planning and finding out that most of them will probably die out by having to actually do manual labor (like farming) in the hot southern sun.

For the record I am 6'2" and weigh 150lbs soaking wet with my boots on
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

What do you shoot that can stop armor?[/QUOTE]

Body or vehicle?
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links