Criteria for where to move

This is a discussion on Criteria for where to move within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; GA's not a bad state. I spent the bulk of my career in Atlanta. Living near a major airport hub makes one very marketable. Atlanta ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Criteria for where to move

VIP Member
    GA's not a bad state. I spent the bulk of my career in Atlanta. Living near a major airport hub makes one very marketable. Atlanta was very very good to me.

2. Remove Ads

Governor Perry has issued an open invitation to all those unhappy with New York's new gun laws to pack up and move to Texas where we still love the 2nd Amendment. I am sure we could find room for you also.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    GA is a good choice.

Live in the north metro area of Atlanta (not in the City of Atlanta proper) and hope your offices are relatively close to where you
    work because traffic is an issue.

I would guess that about 20% of the resident population is actually from Georgia the rest are from out of state.

Gun laws in the state are good. housing prices are fair and schools in the north metro area are good.

It is about an 8 hour drive to central Florida.

Good luck where ever you end up.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

TX Attorney General just posted this on his Facebook page:

You’ll fit right in here in Texas!

Here in Texas, you will have the liberty and the opportunity to achieve your dreams. On top of that, we have no income tax, yet still manage to have a multi-billion dollar budget surplus.
    We have right to work laws and a reasonable regulatory environment. Texas has created more than 275,000 jobs in the last year alone! And we’ll fight like hell to protect your rights.

You’ll also get to keep more of what you earn and use some of that extra money to buy more ammo.

I hope to see you soon in Texas. In the meantime, sign up to show your support for our second amendment rights.

Sincerely,Attorney General of Texas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that is why Obama hates Texas.

And that is a very good reason to there.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    1800 miles from my in-laws
    And that's a bad thing? Sorry. Just couldn't resist.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I followed my job from frosty New England to Arizona. Benefits include overall lower property and income taxes, although higher sales tax (state, county and town). The state is large enough to pick almost any climate you like, with altitudes from sea level to 10,000 feet. The generally low humidity means cars won't rust out like they do in the snow belt, and of course there's also a reduced maintenance level for the guns.

I miss bird and deer hunting in the New England woods, but if you are a shooter you'd be hard-pressed to find a better political and meteorological climate than Arizona.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Being close to family sounds important - support with kids, illnesses, plus all of the family times! The birthdays, holidays, summer cookouts and the like. The Dementia just gets harder and harder too - been there done that with my folks - nothing easy about that. There are some good resources on Dementia - start studying them now and get ahead of the curve. As a granddad now, I am extremely opinionated and want the little rug rats close now, but as a father raising our kids with my wife, we would have liked our folks closer. Even my Mom. Now I have one granddaughter close, one not so close. I'd like them both closer, but that won't happen.

The important thing to remember, is the bread on the table is hard to replace when there are wolves at the door. Good jobs are good jobs, and there are airplanes and cars.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links