Always liked Brownells, but like them even more now!

This is a discussion on Always liked Brownells, but like them even more now! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I purchased a half-dozen Magpul Gen3 PMAGS back on 12/18/12 when prices were just starting to go crazy. Their system said they had stock on ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By cn262
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: Always liked Brownells, but like them even more now!

I purchased a half-dozen Magpul Gen3 PMAGS back on 12/18/12 when prices were just starting to go crazy. Their system said they had stock on hand, I placed my order (should have bought more), and was told it was backordered when I made my payment. I've heard of places cancelling the older orders to make more money on new ones. Not Brownells. They sent me weekly status email, and today I received an email that it had shipped and my credit card was being charged the same amount as before.

Very class act. From now on I'm looking at Brownells first when I want to buy something online. They have earned that.

SKU Number Product Name Unit Price Qty Total
    100-011-220 MAG557-BLK PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3 $14.20 6 $85.20

VIP Member
    You can usually find things cheaper but Brownells is one of two places I shop from regularly. (Midway USA being the other.)
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

They also sent me a very nice communique explaining their backlog and their intent to fulfill all backorders. Class act.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I got the same email.

What I am getting a kick out of is that several of the mail order companies are scrambling to find packaging. I have received two boxes lately that are so oversized I thought they were empty. One was around 16 cubic inches for a spring that I can fit in a small manila envelope. Another package used UPS to ship, but the internal packing/padding was unused USPS priority mail envelops turned inside out, and wadded up.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Customer service means alot. To me thats how you keep repeat customers is to take care of them.

Administrator
    Brownells has been a leader in the industry for a long time; they get a lot of my business.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    These are the types of things that keep companies around. Midway and Brownells will still be here when CTD and others are long gone.
    gasmitty likes this.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Brownells is a class act. They have exceptional customer service. I was skeptical at first b/c they're not always the cheapest. They will make right on your order though, if there's a problem, and they are very helpful when you call.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I've got a ten pack on back order since 12/21. Sounds like I may see them soon. Have also received email updates. Class act all around.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Sponsored Links