Time Warner Cable dropping gun ads

This is a discussion on Time Warner Cable dropping gun ads within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Time Warner has always been vehemently anti-gun and if I could get a comparable Internet connection anywhere else I would drop them in an instant. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Spirit51

Thread: Time Warner Cable dropping gun ads

VIP Member

Time Warner has always been vehemently anti-gun and if I could get a comparable Internet connection anywhere else I would drop them in an instant.

Time Warner Cable changes advertising policy concerning firearms

RALEIGH One of the largest media companies in the country has toughened its policies on gun advertising.

Time Warner Cable will no longer run commercials that show semi-automatic weapons or images of guns pointed at people. The company recently pulled some gun advertisments after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school and has made changes to its advertising policy that took effect on Thursday.

In December, Surf City Guns and Ammo store owner Dorothy Royal said commercials for her store were pulled by Time Warner Cable out of respect for the victims of the mass shooting in Connecticut.

"We had absolutely no problem with that. We agreed to it. The discussion was that after the holidays when we resume back to work that they would start running our commercials again, said Royal.

However, the commercials never went back on Time Warner Cable.
    Time Warner Cable changes advertising policy concerning firearms - News14.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    msgt/ret, use there policy against them. Every time they run a movie commercial or a TV program spot that shows the actions they are pulling private sector commercials for, bombard them with complaints and demand a response from them. Get your friends to do it also. Of course you'll probably be spending more time sending complaint e-mails than you will be here on DC. We'll miss you, but we'll understand.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I like the idea but the only business I do with them is for internet service, I did annoy one of the cashiers when I refused to come inside to exchange a failed modem due to their “We Want to be Robbed” signs. The modem did fit through the drive-up and was exchanged that way.

Time to look into Direct TV or Dish TV. Take a article of hardware with Phillips or Flat on top and threads on the bottom and hand that to Turner. (Think about it.)
    msgt/ret and DMan like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Already have Direct TV the problem is where I live the only other option for internet service is dial-up and I do not have the patience to wait that long for pages to load, I do like your idea for a symbolic expression though.

Sponsored Links