Over 100 kids die from flu every year... Why is this not a priority

This is a discussion on Over 100 kids die from flu every year... Why is this not a priority within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No political benefit for the flu. No control for it either, We got O care that should make every one feel good....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Over 100 kids die from flu every year... Why is this not a priority

VIP Member
    No political benefit for the flu. No control for it either, We got O care that should make every one feel good.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The news coverage about the flu has been more than ample as has the repeated advice to get flu shots. It comes around every year. Those who ignore history...
    Hopyard likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by hek1620 View Post
    no one in my family, or anyone we have ever known has ever had a bird flu, llama flu or whatever new "PANDEMIC" we "have" every year. i think it's all b.s. to take your mind off of what is really going on. i'm not saying that the flu doesn't exist, i just had some sniffles and a lot of coughing and phlegm. but i got over it because my immune system hasn't been destroyed with "vaccines".
    Ignorance is a dangerous thing. Vacines do not "destroy" immune systems; quite the opposite. It is the body's immune system reacting to the dead virus that causes many to perceive that have caught the flu form it, which isn't true. Had you ever had a severe case of the flu, you'd be more cautious about it now. If you have any knowledge of the Spanish Flu epidemics of the early 1900s you'd know it killed thousands if not millions worldwide.

Having taken the flu shot for 20+ years in the military, I quickly learned that a few aspirins taken beforehand took care of most symptoms.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Ignorance is a dangerous thing. Vacines do not "destroy" immune systems; quite the opposite. It is the body's immune system reacting to the dead virus that causes many to perceive that have caught the flu form it, which isn't true. Had you ever had a sever case of the flu, you'd be more cautious about it now. If you have any knowledge of the Spanish Flu epidemics of the early 1900s you'd know it killed thousands if not millions worldwide.

Having taken the flu shot for 20+ years in teh military, I quickly learned that a few apirins taken beforehand took care of most symptoms.
    You can not get the flu from the vaccine; some get minor irritation at the injection site or even a tad of fever-like symptoms
    coming on. Tylenol or aspirin does the job. I haven't needed either after a flu shot for many years now.

IF you have ever had the real-deal flu, you won't ever want skip the vaccine. It is pretty horrid when your fever
    is near 104 or 105 and you can't take care of yourself.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by hek1620 View Post
    no one in my family, or anyone we have ever known has ever had a bird flu, llama flu or whatever new "PANDEMIC" we "have" every year.
    The bird flu is not a pandemic. It's a virus that can infect birds and that has (very rarely) killed people who come in contact with the birds. The major threat is that a minor mutation in the virus could allow it to be transmitted among mammals, and maybe even humans.

The best way for a person catch a mutated form of the virus is to be exposed to the virus. This is why the farmers are forced to cull chickens when the virus is detected.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links