Child predator stings

This is a discussion on Child predator stings within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody else notice that in most news articles, the perverts are always after a 14 year old girl? Is this the "preferred" age for pervs, ...

Thread: Child predator stings

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Child predator stings

Anybody else notice that in most news articles, the perverts are always after a 14 year old girl? Is this the "preferred" age for pervs, or are the LEOs stuck with 14 for some other reason?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

In some states a sixteen year old can legally choose to have sex so there may be a reason for staying well below that age. Fourteen is unmistakenly below any age of consent.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Senior Moderator
    Fourteen is unmistakenly below any age of consent.
    Not so.

In Arkansas you can get married with parental consent.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    It is alot like the alcohol/tobacco stings that take place all the time. In these instances they will only send a 17 or 18 year old in to try to buy tobacco, and an 18 yr old to buy tobacco. Anything closer might be considered entrapment.

Also, in Texas there is a 3 year exception to the consent rule, meaning that a 14 yr old could consent to a 17 yr old, which is still a juvenile. If they acted like a 15 year old, then 18 yr olds would be covered by this exception.

It is always better to be well under the limit in order to avoid additional legal issues.
    Fear No Evil.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    16 is the age of consent in GA with extra bad stuff if the perp is more than two years older than the "victim". So, a 16 year old having consentual sex with a 15 year old is statutory rape in GA but isn't punished as severely as an 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old.

GA recently passed a law that makes it illegal for a sex offender to live within 1000 feet of a school bus stop. This law will be a nightmare to enforce, and if a school changes a bus stop location it upsets the apple cart again.

Bottom line is that such true predators need to be locked up forever. This law is snagging all sorts of people that took a public indecency charge (not that hard to get) and other things. There is one case where a woman that is now married and in her late 20s and has children being forced to move because when she was 17 she was caught performing oral sex on her 15 year old boyfriend. The mother of the boy filed a police report and the then 17 year girl ended up as a sex offender and is having to move.

As for the original question, a 14 year old is probably more likely to be online and more interested in such topics than a 12 year old.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Yeah. I always wondered if due process and Gideon v Wainwright should apply to these people.

Not to spark off another topic for hijacking.... but there was a decent episode of Law & Order: SVU about a child predator the other night.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Who knows

As these are predators, and they prey on the weak, I wouild imagine that at 14, some of the girls may show the PHYSICAL development of a woman, but are lacking the emotional development. Hence, they are easy targets, where the predator may not be able to develop any kind of relationship with an adult.

Just my theory.

I wouild imagine that at 14, some of the girls may show the PHYSICAL development of a woman,
    I think thats the thinking of both the cops who set up the stings and the pervs that show up to the stings.

I've got mixed feelings about these stings ... on one hand it seems pretty much like entrapment to me ... on the other hand these perverts deserve whatever they get (boy I'm glad I don't have a teenage daughter or I'd have killed someone by now ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    (boy I'm glad I don't have a teenage daughter or I'd have killed someone by now ).
    Naahhh.....you just knock'em out, drive their vehicle out to a secluded spot, strip'em naked, spray gold Krylon all over them, and leave a big jar of mayo on the front seat.....then an anonymous "freak" call to 911............................let them explain.

We were talking about boyfriends you don't like right? A real perv I might do something bad to........

Links