SS and AARP

This is a discussion on SS and AARP within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There are between 37-45 MM recipients of Social Security... (retirees, not disabled) There are ~47 MM members of AARP... I would assume most are receiving ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By SigPapa226
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By BurgerBoy
  • 2 Post By nontechguy
  • 2 Post By ksholder
  • 2 Post By RoadKill

Thread: SS and AARP

SS and AARP

There are between 37-45 MM recipients of Social Security... (retirees, not disabled)

There are ~47 MM members of AARP... I would assume most are receiving SS, but you can join AARP at 50, so some are between 50 years old and dead.

Why, when firearms have been frequently shown to be the great equalizer... Especially when used in defense by the elderly.... Why is AARP so anti gun? Anybody know?

It doesn't seem to reflect common sense.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Why was AARP so pro Obamacare when most people do not want it?
    Look for the money trail. Either that or who runs the organization, libs or conservatives. One of the two will lead to the answer.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Actually, I'm searching them now... I'm not seeing any specific slant that is anti gun... I'm still looking though... I've just heard that they were anti-gun, and I'm trying to find some evidence of that.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Anti-gun and pro OB Care? Mmmmm$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...lots of it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I found this article. It's very interesting, especially who gets campaign money from AARP.
    Dark secrets of AARP finally exposed to light

If you scroll about 3/4 of the way down the article there's a small section about their stance on gun control.
    Here it is in a nutshell:

"Some opponents claim AARP supports gun control. AARP declared in its 2007 policy book, “Congress should eliminate gaps in and strengthen enforcement of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and other federal gun laws.”

"The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act required federal background checks on purchasers of handguns."
    Hopyard likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    The AARP is nothing more than an insurance selling company, acting as an affiliate to the insurance companies, and get a commission on ever sale they make for the insurance companies now. Just look at all of the ads they run on TV.
    RoadKill likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    The AARP is nothing more than an insurance selling company, acting as an affiliate to the insurance companies, and get a commission on ever sale they make for the insurance companies now. Just look at all of the ads they run on TV.
    There are some who are trying to take away their tax free status, since now most of their income is from insurance sales/referrals, not membership dues, etc.
    As always, follow the money. They stand to make a "killing" on policies thanks to Obamacare.
    msgt/ret and BurgerBoy like this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

VIP Member
    AARP are like the teachers' union. Run by libtards who do not faithfully represent the wishes of those they pretend to represent. Now AARP, unlike the teachers' union is a completely voluntary organization. You don't have to join and they can't fire you if you don't join.

Whenever I get their mailings, they go straight to the shredder after checking to be sure that there is no metal in them. A few years back, they put nickles in their mailings and I ruined a shredder on that mailing. Now I always check the contents of all items going into the shredder. That instance is not why I don't fund the AARP, that is because they are run by libtards.
    Ksgunner and BurgerBoy like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Never joined AARP as they began not representing my views many years ago. Insurance is their interest, not me. Ever wonder why they've lowered the age to join several times? Creats a bigger pool of folks that are customers. Joined AMAC--Association of Mature American Citizens. A conservative alternative to AARP. Yea, they sell insurance and have a discount program with others but they work to protect my interests in health care and gov't spending. AMAC, Inc. - The Association of Mature American Citizens
    Jeanlouise and BurgerBoy like this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Links