Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class? - Page 2

Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class?

This is a discussion on Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Jeanlouise That was then , this is now . Most of us 55++ ers can't even imagine a school reacting this way. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That was then, this is now. Most of us 55++ ers can't even imagine a school reacting this way. Liberals have destroyed the Public schools. There's no common sense or critical thinking going on. If I had young kids now days I'd send them to a private school or homeschool them. Although I have to say, the schools around here are still fairly "normal". The local HS even has a "Christmas Concert" I don't know how many more years they'll get away with it.

I looked at the picture in the article...that's a gun? You have to be kidding me. Grandpa gets an "F" for that sad looking thing. I hope it's not a Glock.
    Actually, my "then" ended (for my second retirement) in June 2012.
    Lots of 'guns and Bibles' in the rural areas of the South. Of ALL the cops, admin, and other staff I knew, none would have even thought of a paper gun as a problem.

You're only '55'? Just a baby...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I just cringe when I read stories like this one. I know we boys brought cap guns to school. The teachers
    did get a bit concerned about the occasional spark and the smoke, so we were allowed to play with them but not
    use the caps.

For those too young to know, there were rolls of paper, like a roll or tape, which had a percussive embedded
    every 1/2 inch or so. Each time you pulled the trigger the paper advanced and the hammer hit the
    percussive "dimple" on the tape--- emitting a tad of flame and a bit of smoke, along with a loud "bang" sound.

These were permitted for play whereas water pistols were not-- since they caused real problems with kids
    getting soaked and then getting mad about being soaked.

Oh my how we have changed. From that to giving kids grief over a pointed finger or a piece of paper.

Sad.
    Jeanlouise and thephanatik like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Brought to you by "Sesame Street".
    They also brought the letter "O" and the number 16 Trillion...
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A paper gun? that looks like she tore a corner of a piece of paper to write a note and changed her mind. Searching a child over that?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

...we brought shotguns to school...on the school bus...uncased...put them in the coat closet(unlocked) during the day...then home with a friend on his bus...hunted...then repeated it Monday...teachers didn't even ask if they were loaded...no zipties...no accidents, either...and no traumatized quivering...
    Jeanlouise and Hopyard like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You're only '55'? Just a baby...
    I'm sticking with "Don't ask, don't tell"
    Did you miss the "++" ?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

This little girl's face is heartbreaking. Looks more like an "L" than any gun I've ever seen! What the hell are people thinking?!?!?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    A paper gun? that looks like she tore a corner of a piece of paper to write a note and changed her mind. Searching a child over that?
    Remember making the triangles out of napkins or paper and using them as footballs during lunchtime? Buddy would hold his fingers up and you would try to get a field goal by flicking it with your fingers? I am surprised they haven't banned that yet....almost lost an eye during 6th grade
    EDIT: The schools would ban them saying that they looked like Chinese throwing stars.
    Snub44 and Hopyard like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links