Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class?

This is a discussion on Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Grandpa makes paper gun for girl. Girl brings paper gun to school. Administrators search girl in front of class. I give failing grades to all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Paper Gun Justifies Searching School Girl in Front of Class?

VIP Member

Grandpa makes paper gun for girl. Girl brings paper gun to school. Administrators search girl in front of class. I give failing grades to all three.

Philadelphia girl scolded, searched for pulling out paper gun at school, mom says | Fox News
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Once again, Are we sure these are the folks we want to be armed in the classroom?
    Hopyard likes this.

To me this is the scariest part of the story:
    one of the fifth grader's classmates reportedly saw the paper gun and notified administrators as she was going to throw it away.
    "He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen,"
    I will refrain from making any historic analogies of societies that are taught to "report" on their neighbors
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

What ever happened to common sense?
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    To me this is the scariest part of the story:

I will refrain from making any historic analogies of societies that are taught to "report" on their neighbors
    Godwin's law proves very true these days!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

...that school district would have a sueage problem if that was my daughter...the damage they caused her emotions is exponentially more than any problem her paper gun caused...
    phreddy and Jeanlouise like this.

"He (the administrator) yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Melody tells Fox 29.
    Zero tolerance is what it is. And the student is getting a first-rate education on how damaging it can be.

Hopefully her family members will appreciate what a scared, intolerant school system she's a part of to the point they better prepare her for the trials she's likely to face in such schools. Bummer they didn't anticipate the hate/fear ahead of time, but often you don't know the depths of knee-jerk intolerance and political correctness until it slaps you in the face.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

In my 41 years in education, I seldom worked with administrative idiots who used their brain waves in that fashion.
    When I discovered possible mental midgets such as the above administrator/teacher...they would have begun packing their bags.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I wish they would publish names of idiots who perpetrate these mental crimes. If stupidity were publicized, people would perhaps think twice before acting on the stupid decision. then again...
    msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    In my 41 years in education, I seldom worked with administrative idiots who used their brain waves in that fashion.
    When I discovered possible mental midgets such as the above administrator/teacher...they would have begun packing their bags.
    That was then, this is now. Most of us 55++ ers can't even imagine a school reacting this way. Liberals have destroyed the Public schools. There's no common sense or critical thinking going on. If I had young kids now days I'd send them to a private school or homeschool them. Although I have to say, the schools around here are still fairly "normal". The local HS even has a "Christmas Concert" I don't know how many more years they'll get away with it.

I looked at the picture in the article...that's a gun? You have to be kidding me. Grandpa gets an "F" for that sad looking thing. I hope it's not a Glock.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Makes me think of Prov. 12:10 (...the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel).

These "people", thinking they are being compassionate and helpful, do more harm than good.
    Snub44 and phreddy like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    What ever happened to common sense?
    It apparently walked out the door a couple years ago in disgust, and hasn't been seen since! (And shook hands with stupidity who was on his way in as they passed each other.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    It apparently walked out the door a couple years ago in disgust, and hasn't been seen since! (And shook hands with stupidity who was on his way in as they passed each other.)
    I think it started way before that
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

It's not a gun, it's the letter "L".
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's not a gun, it's the letter "L".
    Brought to you by "Sesame Street".
    atctimmy likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links