Ban words

This is a discussion on Ban words within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We must ban words. Since we have 437 madmen in the executive and legislative branches of government, every one of which (no matter the party) ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Daddydon
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By DMan
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Ban words

Ban words

We must ban words.

Since we have 437 madmen in the executive and legislative branches of government, every one of which (no matter the party) has used words to the severe detriment of some of the people in their own constituencies, I propose we ban words.

The words used by these people have caused mayhem, they have caused grief, they have caused turmoil, and they have caused pain. I’m certain that some of the words used by these people have even caused death, though perhaps indirectly.

We have tried to ban certain words, which in combination, result in lies, to no avail. We have found some people will use other words in combinations, and/or change words quickly, in order to create new lies… So, banning lies has not worked.

We must ban words.

Words are to blame… Think of the children! Harmed by words… Sticks and stones leave scars, but words leave emotional abrasions that may never heal.

Bullies use words. Criminals use words. Pedophiles use words. Evil people use words. Words are used in violent ways.

We must ban words.

We know that the registration of words does not work… There are dictionaries full of registered, accepted words… Still the words get used to harm. We have tried taxing words, there are those that use words professionally, and pay taxes on their commercial use of words. Still the words are used to constrain and bully people. Still the words are used to restrict the pursuit of happiness.

We must ban words.

Others have said, there are nice people in the world who use words; with grace, and with care, and they harm no one with those words… And, there undoubtedly are such people. But so many, with so much power have misused words. The words are used to lie, to dissuade, to cheat, to harm… It is the words that must be banned…

We must ban words.

Since I am not a complete zealot regarding words… Before we do actually ban all the words, we could try an experiment… If it works, it is possible that we will not have to ban words at all, and in my opinion, that would be grand! Though I sincerely doubt it will work. The experiment is simple.

If everyone using words, right now, orally and in written form, in an attempt to curtail my rights, would just SHUT UP

We might not have to ban words at all…

Like that’s gonna happen.

We must ban _____.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Let me suggest a list to start with

Common sense
    Gun control
    Public safety
    For the children
    Reasonable restrictions
    Gun violence
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Assault weapon
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Let me suggest a list to start with

Common sense
    Gun control
    Public safety
    For the children
    Reasonable restrictions
    Gun violence
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Assault weapon
    High capacity multiple bullet magazine clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    High capacity multiple bullet magazine clips.
    Every time I hear someone say clip I get a shiver down my spine. I keep expecting my drill instructor from long ago come punch whoever said it in the back of the head for saying the wrong name for the magazine

Pretty much anything coming from a beaurocrat is a bad word
    JoJoGunn likes this.

No no no.... you're using words... words are banned... all words.... ALL of them... don't use them...

A simple word like "but" or its hi falutin' cousin "however" can be used to cause harm... ALL words must be banned... If you can find them in the registry , they must be banned...

Oh, and by the way, this used to be my avatar...
    sm constitution We.jpg

It's part of the constitution... "We the People." Well, the President RUINED those words in his second inaugural. I ain't gonna use 'em, or any part of 'em in my avatar, until he's out of office. Maybe.
    msgt/ret and DMan like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I have no words! Immediately changing my name to a symbol like Prince did.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    I have no words! Immediately changing my name to a symbol like Prince did.
    I changed mine last night, no words, but pictures.

Maybe we can all communicate by using picture books - it seems that is the only way most in congress would understand the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It is becoming apparent that most in congress can't read and comprehend those words anymore.
    l1a1 likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    l1a1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links