sounds kinda fishy to me - Page 2

sounds kinda fishy to me

This is a discussion on sounds kinda fishy to me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by suntzu We are afraid of this man: kim jong-un looking at things I, for one, find it scary how many things he ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: sounds kinda fishy to me

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We are afraid of this man:
    kim jong-un looking at things
    I, for one, find it scary how many things he has looked at.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Just as guns are great equalizers, atomic bombs give even greater power... even to little fat kids.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Just as guns are great equalizers, atomic bombs give even greater power... even to little fat kids.
    Ya know... There was a time, between Ronald Reagan and our present POTUS, where I would have shrugged off the notion of a missile penetrating our defense shield.

Now... I do wonder where else has the ball been dropped.
    AK_Brian and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    He is just resorting to the same tactics that our former presidents fell for. Rattle the saber and then we offer finanical aid to get them to quit. They don't quit so we stop aid. rinse and repeat.

Yeah, that's a good point true enough. It has certainly worked for them in the past.

Edit: That much said, this is a lot more direct than the posturing of the past. Rationally we cannot ignore it, even if it still boils down to being just empty threats, when they start talking nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    Thanks Brian it was a great experience and Seoul was an amazing city to visit. We're lucky to have such a great couple of boys. We hope as our boys get older to be able to go back to each of their birthplaces to visit - and I definitely want to visit Seoul again (just not in February like I did before! /brrrrr).

We don't even notice the "dirty looks" we probably still get on occassion with Korean and Filipino sons. It was annoying, shocking and hurtful the first couple of years but I guess you develop thick skin.

I hope you don't mind if I PM you sometime with some more specific questions not related to guns.
    Nah not at all, always happy to chat. It was an interesting childhood but I've turned out alright :)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ignore that man behind the iron curtain.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    We need to do our own nuclear tests in North Korea.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    If you look like a sheep, you draw the attention of the wolves.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

sounds kinda fishy to me
    I always thought things "smelled" fishy & "looked" shady. What do fish generally...sound like?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

do you think that "they" know if the government takes the guns away from every blade of grass in the united states it will be an easier to try and take over our land of the free. there was a reason that our founding fathers put the second amendment.

our government is trying to take our guns away from us and North Korea wants to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" sounds kinda fishy to me.
    Are you seriously concerned about an invasion by N. Korea?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Lead Moderator
    Merged threads, same topic.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    We did nothing when India exploded a nuclear bomb; we did nothing when Pakistan did the same; why would the N. Koreans think we'll do anything different with them?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Re: sounds kinda fishy to me

Being Korean, I follow this stuff pretty close.
    North Korea is not a threat insofar as a land or sea invasion. Long range missile capability is their main hope. They can't transport people that far.

China is their ally, and their biggest advantage. They have technology, finances and raw material. This argument alone makes all others seem negligible. No one is trying to stop China. You don't screw with an angry pitbull, but you can screw with a pissy chihuahua.

South Korea has multiple nation's military inside the country. North Korea can only invade south Korea by land, and it would probably start ww3.

North Korea has a very antagonistic mentality. Their citizens support their government to the death, and follow its orders blindly. Their military is about 70% of their population, which isn't much. Without a "great leader", they would surrender. At least, that is my guess.

North Korea is a great case study for why total government control through military force is a terrible idea.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

North Korea is a great case study for why total government control through military force is a terrible idea.
    With all due respect, please point out a case study in which "total government control through military force" shows itself to be a...wonderful idea?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Re: sounds kinda fishy to me

I should include "contemporary example"

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links