Really? Really?

This is a discussion on Really? Really? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I work in the claim field so nothing should surprise me, but this one ... Suit: Subway?s Footlongs come up short - Chicago Sun-Times...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Really? Really?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Really? Really?

I work in the claim field so nothing should surprise me, but this one ...

Suit: Subway?s Footlongs come up short - Chicago Sun-Times
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I read some blurb about this and in one instance, the lady with the ruler was starting at one instead of the end of the ruler. Im amazed that many of my younger staff members absolutely cannot read a ruler.Guess they dont teach that in schools anymore,like cursive writing
    aus71383 likes this.

Just me, but I would consider less of a Subway sandwich a blessing.

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

JD
    Administrator
    Some people just need to be beaten so the know what suffering real damage is...

These poor, poor people. Send them to a third world country for a couple of years and then see if they'll complain.

The entitlement mentality at work.

Well, truth in advertising has its place. It's place just isn't in business, at least not normally. Surprise, surprise.

Of course, grousing about the lost inch in the bun won't help folks get past the chemicals, preservatives, the "mystery" in the meat and the long-term effects from all of that, no matter how much attorneys end up taking as a percentage from the judgment.

Next case.
    IronMike and aus71383 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    The flat bread is better anyway and you don't have to measure it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

They do not say, in their advertising, that their sandwiches are 12" long. They say their sandwiches are a foot long. Who's foot? How long is YOUR foot? If Mr. Nguyen Buren's foot is less than 11" long, then he actually owes Subway for the extra sandwich he has been receiving.
    joker1 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    They do not say, in their advertising, that their sandwiches are 12" long. They say their sandwiches are a foot long. Who's foot? How long is YOUR foot? If Mr. Nguyen Buren's foot is less than 11" long, then he actually owes Subway for the extra sandwich he has been receiving.
    My foot is 12 inches long so I guess I am good.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

11 inch,12 inch...blah,blah,blah,its still 13 inches too much!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

My favorite part:

“redoubled our efforts to ensure consistency and correct length in every sandwich we serve.”

0x2=0!!

Who cares lol

Austin

Come on folks. Dont you know subway is getting ready for the ban on high capacity assault subs. Their buns will only be limited to 11 inches or less and not the standard 12 inches. Have a great day and get your subs before the ban.
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.

Crazy. A class action. Winners get a free 6" sub, attorneys get 14 million cash. Attorneys ought to get subs too.
    DMan, pgrass101, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    My foot is 12 inches long so I guess I am good.
    You know what they say about a guy with big feet? Big shoes! ba dum bump. Thank you! I'm here all week, try the veal!

They advertise it to be a "foot long" so why shouldn't it be a foot long? (even though it's still crappy) If you bought a twelve month insurance policy and it expired after 11 moths you'd complain.

For those that didn't know Subway has REDUCED the amount of meat and cheese that goes into their sandwich. Price stayed the same. That's a very sneaky way to raise the price without letting the customer know.

Look at the picture of the sub in their commercial. You can't get that at a Subway. They must have had one made at Publics for the photo shoot.

Jersey Mikes is way better. A little more money but at least you get what you pay for.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links