Just had a cop trash my house and search my room

This is a discussion on Just had a cop trash my house and search my room within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would say your brother trashed your parents house months ago. But thats just me....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Just had a cop trash my house and search my room

Administrator
    I would say your brother trashed your parents house months ago. But thats just me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    That's what I told my brother I was going to do. I understand the cop has to inspect the house, but I wasn't trying to hide anything, I told him right from the start that I had 3 guns in the house and exactly where they were but he trashed my whole house anyways. I think they could have handled like a professional instead of a bully
    My experience is with a daughter who had a felony 20 years ago and when she is in my house!

First from your post the firearms other then the one on your body, by law the firearms need to be in a locked safe or a locked and secure room. Otherwise your are in violation of Federal law by allowing a felon access to firearms. The LEO gave you a break and didn't arrest you!

With that said get an attorney, but make sure you tell him where the firearms are stored as the LEOs can return and arrest you under Federal law!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

One word "Lawyer"

Re: Just had a cop trash my house and search my room

Store the shotgun elsewhere and keep your handgun/handguns in a small safe in your vehicle... Problem solved.

Sorry to hear that. If I recall, the consensus in response to your earlier thread asking for advice when you were going to have your brother stay with you was - consult an attorney.

I don't know if you did that then. But please, it would be a good time to do that now.

I told you back when you asked for advice in the thread you started to make sure and understand the rules, and even talk to the agency overseeing the Electronic monitoring/house arrest.

You apparently failed to do this, and now expect us to think you were mistreated by the LEO's who checked the house. I'm sorry, but as one who has done this work before, we understand that we are not dealing with choirboys.

I'd say get over it and move on.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

*Deleted due to double post*

I'd almost bet I graduated with the OP. Small world. Be that true or not, I hate to hear about what happened. Wrong or not, an LEO trashing through your house isn't something I'd take likely.

Hope you get things sorted out and your brother doesn't end up in more trouble over this :\

Hire a qualified attorney and discuss your situation with him/her then listen to how your attorney advises you to proceed...then and only then, make your decision on what your next step/steps will be.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Okay so here's an update! Went and talked the police officer IN CHARGE of home confinement. I talked to him when I took my brother in to see what was going on and seeing if he was going to jail. The officer is a great guy, the kind of cop you wish every cop was like. He told me that Fairmont cops have the worst reputation when it comes to handling situations like that. He told my brother that he would make sure he wouldn't go to jail and that he would personally handle home visits for my brother. I explained to him that my guns were still in my home because the office didn't give my brother a 10 day warning, which should have been done. He said not to worry about it and told me that he would have done the same thing. So it's all over, talked to the guy in charge and he handled like a champ, he had me write a statement for the judge in case the other guys tried to make anything of what happened.

So basically no more worries, my guns are out of our apartment, my brother is back home, and I know the Guy who is going to be in my home next time, he is also very pro 2a. He even laughed when I told him I had 1000 rds of ammo and asked if that's all I had, because I should have gotten more.

Also my brother is not a felon, just driving on a revoked license. I think I overreacted about the whole thing and I'm not going to say anything else about the events in case something were to come of it. Thank you guys for your input, I appreciate it.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28 View Post
    I'd almost bet I graduated with the OP. Small world. Be that true or not, I hate to hear about what happened. Wrong or not, an LEO trashing through your house isn't something I'd take likely.

Hope you get things sorted out and your brother doesn't end up in more trouble over this :\

Not unless you to TVHS in Randolph County. lol
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    Not unless you to TVHS in Randolph County. lol
    Glad you got it worked out. Nope, Winfield guy. Graduated with twins that headed up to fairmont.

Get a safe...solves a lot of problems.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    It's done and over per the op-
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links