Re-runs of Adam-12-Interesting to watch the difference - Page 2

Re-runs of Adam-12-Interesting to watch the difference

This is a discussion on Re-runs of Adam-12-Interesting to watch the difference within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Like how I like to watch "Emergency" and see how EMS treatment protocols and equipment have so massively changed over a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Re-runs of Adam-12-Interesting to watch the difference

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Like how I like to watch "Emergency" and see how EMS treatment protocols and equipment have so massively changed over a few decades. Pretty much ALL the drugs used to treat cardiac arrest have gone in and out of favor, no more transmitting ECGS, and we only call the hospital (except on rare occasions) after we have assessed and treated the patient and are on the way to the ED.

Plus you get quality entertainment without all the personal drama and NO SEX in the back of the ambulance or elsewhere.
    You mean they don't give 5CCs of Ringers, stat anymore? Dang.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That was a great show. I'm going to have to look for it on Netflix and watch it again.
    Thanks for reminding me!
    Need to borrow my Rocky & Bullwinkle collectors' set?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    It is also on ANTV (Antenna TV), along with Dragnet and Alfred Hitchcock. METV (Memorable Entertainment Television) has Wild Wild West and Emergency; and on Saturday shows The Rebel, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Honey West, and Burke's Law. They have The Saint in the early hours of Monday morning and Combat! and 12 O'Clock High the rest of the week.
    Hope you don't watch all of that!
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I used to watch Adam 12, The Rookies and SWAT when I was a kid. Loved them!
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Distinguished Member
    It's also on HULU (so you can watch for free online). I was finding it interesting a couple of years ago when I was watching it. I actually purchased the first season on DVD. It is also interesting to watch any of the older cop shows like Highway Patrol.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Wait, is the NO SEX part what they didnt have back in the day? Or is that the rule now?

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Like how I like to watch "Emergency" and see how EMS treatment protocols and equipment have so massively changed over a few decades. Pretty much ALL the drugs used to treat cardiac arrest have gone in and out of favor, no more transmitting ECGS, and we only call the hospital (except on rare occasions) after we have assessed and treated the patient and are on the way to the ED.

Plus you get quality entertainment without all the personal drama and NO SEX in the back of the ambulance or elsewhere.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

It's on Netflix... I was very happy when I found it. I'm not old enough to have watched the original, but I used to watch the re-runs all the time in the mid-90s on a now-defunct channel.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    In case anyone is interested all 7 seasons of Adam-12 is on DVD. It is my all time favorite cop show. If only cops were as professional now as they were portrayed on that show then.

I just got done watching another one. Intersting how they treat drunk drivers (as long as they didn't kill someone)as if it were amusing and how the drunk drivers are cavalier about it. And also how they treat folks that get caught with even a little amount of pot.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links