Smallpox !!

This is a discussion on Smallpox !! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Smallpox - Narrative Docudrama - Extremely, incredibly well done & presented scenario of a Bio-Terror Outbreak/Attack - Keep an Eyeball peeled for it & watch ...

Thread: Smallpox !!

Administrator

Smallpox !!

Smallpox - Narrative Docudrama - Extremely, incredibly well done & presented scenario of a Bio-Terror Outbreak/Attack - Keep an Eyeball peeled for it & watch it on TV if it's being shown in your area.
    It's a "Day By Day" docudrama of a reenacted bio-terror outbreak.
    "Day One" on through the growing epidemic (domestic & international) including enacted "Martial Law" & then to the finish. I think it has some genuine "Homeland Security" educational value. It's decently captivating.
    Post a comment here if you watched it.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I watched it last night and actually didn\'t think it was that good. The plot seemed plausable, it just didn\'t seem that well written to me.

The blond American mother in England seemed like the \"Ugly American\", seemed like all she did was buck the system.

Rick

Administrator

I\'m Glad Somebody Else At Least Watched It.

I was actually expecting it to be like a \"B\" or \"C\" bad horror movie like \"The BLOB\" or \"It Came From Space\" so maybe that\'s why I was extra impressed. :D

It was an unusual format.
    Oh...the whiny bleached blonde \"All American Mommy\" :(

I DVDed it I am weeks behind with a backlog of shows I haven\'t watched.

Administrator

silvercorvette

I\'ll be curious to hear what you thought of it once you get around to watching it.

The plot was OK but it seems as if it was done on the cheap. They didn\'t have much money to hire actors so the spliced together old news footage and spliced them together to make a story. The just sat people down in a chair and had them talk as if they were being interviewed. There were only a few scenes where there was any real acting. If the budget was bigger they could have told the exact same story in a more interesting way.

Didn\'t watch the show, but if any of you are interested in related non-fiction material, read Richard Preston\'s \"Demon in the Freezer\", in which smallpox is covered quite thoroughly. Great book, VERY sobering.

Links