What other hobbies do you all enjoy? - Page 2

What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

This is a discussion on What other hobbies do you all enjoy? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At my age, I have gone through so many 'hobbies'... I like working on old cars and old planes. Wife and I are avid birders, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    At my age, I have gone through so many 'hobbies'...

I like working on old cars and old planes. Wife and I are avid birders, often spending lots of time photographing wildlife. We have both been wild animal trainers/handlers on the eco-education circuit. I've raced cars for trophies, not money. Never been a hunter, love to shoot.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I used to fish until I got too feeble to handle my boat. I used to write novels until my muse picked the handcuff lock and escaped. I used to reload for a lot of calibers but not so much anymore. Come to think of it, I need to get a new hobby.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Woodworking, Photography and Golf.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I enjoy restoring old photos, to the point that I've turned it into a part-time business. Please don't tell my clients how much I enjoy it.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

Photography, geocaching, amateur radio.

1. Woodworking
    2. Geocaching
    3. Golf
    4. Messing up other peoples Wikipedia entries

(Just kidding on number 4!)
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Nature photography, mostly birda and bugs... You can see some here if you like.
    Rob99VMI04 likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Motorcycles, fishing, golf, welding, birding, hiking.....lots of stuff

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Archery, hunting, fishing camping, ATV's and play golf all summer long! I have recently started flying R/C helicopters.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I enjoy beer and scotch tastings, cigar smoking, off roading, fishing, hunting, and general shenanigans.

I also enjoy mounting light bars and vehicle lighting systems. Its fun to me to get all the flashy lights working, I've even managed to make a bit of money off of it.
    Kimberpackn likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Cross stitch, other creative arts, mechanical doll making and sewing. I did make porcelain dolls, but have gotten away from it because I don't have a kiln. I enjoy raising plants and have a nice collection of African violets as well as some plants that I have had for over 20 years. I want to do some long term landscaping and would love to start a food garden this spring. I have all kinds of plans, but it depends on what I can physically do. I know...girly stuff, but I am a girl.
    Exactly what I was going to say...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Motorcycle and ATV riding, Disc golf.

1) Restoring or repairing anything mechanical (cars, motorcycles, washing machines, etc.), driving high-performance or "interesting" cars (sports, muscle, 4x4, etc.).
    2) Fitness/health - weight training, cardio conditioning, eating healthy.
    3) Self-defense: Trained in Taekwondo for the past year, recently switched to Krav Maga, self-study on Combatives, etc.

I have been doing a lot of ATV riding the past couple of years.

My main hobby is working with Liberals in achieving the total destruction of the Second Amendment and going around with the Special Gun Confiscation Squad and "collecting" guns.

No, really, that isn't what I do.

I play drums and sometimes bass guitar, sing and write some songs. I'm in a group of other musicians getting together on a weekly basis to jam. We lock the door, make people pay to get out and I earn some extra cash for that.

I like to golf. I like to collect coins and Native American stone tools. I'm kind of a rock hound along with my wife who likes gemstones, namely diamonds. J/K she wants to learn to make jewlery and I do flintknapping a bit making reproduction stone tools.

I did have a decent "collection" of guns but that was reduced by some thieving thug in a burglary. Now my "hobby" will be to acquire replacements. Unless of course my collection of paychecks won't be enough to cover it
    sauerpuss and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links