What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

This is a discussion on What other hobbies do you all enjoy? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I love being in the yard- planting, re-planting, digging, mulching, looking at bugs. Playing with my son in his treehouse we built last summer- it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

I love being in the yard- planting, re-planting, digging, mulching, looking at bugs. Playing with my son in his treehouse we built last summer- it has a corrugated metal roof and listening to it rain way up in our maple is heaven! Bird watching. Could do home improvement projects all day every day. Running + any workout DVD by Jillian Michaels.

BUT, I got a kick-ass hammock from my wonderful husband for Christmas so it looks like this summer will be more about relaxing! I've never been very good at it, so I'll need lots and lots of practice!! Maybe I'll build a little wine stand to put next to it. Hmmm. Project!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    I enjoy restoring old photos, to the point that I've turned it into a part-time business. Please don't tell my clients how much I enjoy it.
    I'm telling!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I've been into baking - mostly bread, and some gluten free for my husband, who is intolerant. I also enjoy pastel painting, photography, and I've done some hand sewing (made my hubby a Green Bay blanket). Those three I haven't been able to do much lately with my hands full of kids. Antique collecting.

blanket.jpgbradley-kimura-sm.jpghooverdam.jpg
    Olduser likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Camping, Disc Golf, Ham Radio, traveling (RV), kicking back by a camp fire with a wee bit of 30 year old single malt and a quality cigar.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I do some leathercrafting, collect wheat pennies ( Have somewhere between 8K and 10K now, with more I need! ), camping, a little fishing, and my wife and I enjoy going to some of the small wineries around Missouri.

And, very active in the Knights of Columbus.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

I play golf, take my kids fishing, and I have 2 antique Volkswagen Bugs I work on and take to car shows. I am currently hand painting one of them with 60s graffiti. I also enjoy music (mostly 60s Rock) and collecting hotwheels and matchbox Volkswagens.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Besides Guns I love basketball, baseball, dirt track racing, Nascar, and building and racing Go-Kats with my son(s) and soon my daughter when she is old enough:)!

Racing motocross. Been doing it since I was 8. Even through all the broken bones and severe injuries, there is not another sport that I would rather be involved in.

Crashoften and Ransom like this.

Is this forum a hobby? I spend a lot of time reading it.

Other than that, I'm a computer engineer by trade, but I do web design, fix cars, build stuff (shed, fence, holsters, etc.), run/bike, photography, golf, camping, traveling, and probably a few other things I haven't thought of. I'd like to get into paragliding, sky-diving, and get my pilots license.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Mountain biking, motorcycles, snowmobiling, And reloading ammo. And just spending time with family and friends. Oh and the occasional good drink and a fine cigar.

Re: What other hobbies do you all enjoy?

I like to modify things. Started out with a Honda in High School, a Gixxer 750 in college, my F150 now (less over the top), my home that we've sunk about 40K in since 2008 and electronics. I mainly tinker with phones and tablets at the moment. Rooting, jailbreaking, unlocking, flashing custom OS's etc. I've made a profitable hobby out of flipping electronics (buying and selling on Craigslist), which led me to this hobby for protection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, crafting, making my truck awesome, photography, antiques, and collecting.
    Becky
    XDs .45
    Nano 9mm

I may be a girl, but I can protect myself!

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Coin collecting, old cars and pen turning oh and guns.

Attachment 67349
    Pen turning, huh? Are you familiar with this? Penn State Industries: Product Search

Too many, and not enough time:

Hiking, geocaching, wood working, reading, gardening, guitar, astronomy, fishing, hunting

I am thinking of taking up bee keeping, but I have too many other hobbies as it is...
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

I enjoy reading and playing video games quite a bit. I don't know if that qualifies as a hobby or just stuff to do when not at work.

What I want to do this year is get more into camping and I'd like to try out hiking. And not that "I went hiking for four hours" where you are really just walking around a city trail, I mean backpacking type hiking.

I'd also like to try woodworking with hand tools. I've used all the power tools, but I'd like to get more into using hand saws, hand drills, rasps etc.

Short story. I was building a couple target stands and hand cut some 4x4s for it, but went over to my dad's for some help with drilling and aligning some pieces. He asked me who cut all the 4x4s and I said that I did with a hand saw. From the look he gave me you would have thought I just grew a third eye! He kept asking why I didn't come over and just have him cut them with one of his power saws.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links